PDA

View Full Version : livingroom

Sin-D
03-02-2004, 08:36 PM
My best 3d image since i started.

max 6 with final render.

c&c welcome but i won't work more on it, i got plenty of new ideas in my mind :bounce:

http://sin-d.3dk.org/livingroom.jpg

digitalputty
03-02-2004, 09:06 PM
Really nice piece! :)

A few things that caught my eye.
The things on the table (cup, magazines, plate etc.) they seem to be floating. I know the table is covered in glass but ... make it reflect some more light -?? That way the objects dont look like they float. The magazine on the floor near the chair kinda floats too.

Those are the only things I see ... :)

I love the art work that you placed on the wall. :) Makes me think of doing something like that for my living room (in real life). :)

catbert
03-02-2004, 09:17 PM
yep, i also think it's great, but it would seem like things dont have too much of a volume here... there arent enough shadows, i think, the ones there are are really diffused... the pictures seem to be floating, the chair seems higher then the ground, and the cupboard with the glasses and dishes and such also kind of looks out of place...

but i still very much like it, and you can feel all the details and work that went into this :thumbsup:

Sin-D
03-02-2004, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the comments and crits, i tried increasing the reflection of the glass on the table but it didn't improve really maybe i should have added a reflectionmap.

I agree there should be a bit more shadow on the objects outside of the sunlight, without a shadow it does indeed look as if they float.

catbert
03-02-2004, 10:25 PM
i see a couple of lamps there - why not just light them up? :)

Sin-D
03-02-2004, 10:29 PM
because it's daylight? :D

I might make a evening version though, i'll have to think about that and consult it with my computer. :surprised

Madison
03-02-2004, 11:57 PM
Nice work, shadows could be improve.

:D

Noc
03-03-2004, 09:21 AM
for the glass adjust either one of two things....turn ur opacity up that way it looks like it has more volumn...and if that doesnt work or your doing your glass a dif way, change the material color of the glass so.....(cant think of the word of what it owuld add lol) but yea you get my point, try those out it might help. but its nice, I like it...did you use max standard materials? or did you make ur own?:beer:

Sin-D
03-03-2004, 12:38 PM
Most textures are standard max textures and a few are from texture websites.
I'm not really good with paint programs :blush:
I usually only make mix/blend/bump maps in 2d programs.

DrQuincy
03-03-2004, 12:47 PM
Da plants r 2 green, but eye like da rest.

Z1K0B4
03-03-2004, 03:36 PM
The funny thing is i would love to be able to mount my paintings on the wall so they would apear to "float" off the wall like that. That is something that we ttry to acheive! But for the sake of realism in a 3D image, you should ad another light, turn off illumination, cast shadows only, render just the shadows, and throw it on top in PS, and adjust.

JDMedia
03-03-2004, 05:54 PM
I can't see any picture...

torbjorn
03-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Z1K0B4: About the mounting on the wall: I have two nice paintings in my home theatre room, and I also wanted these to "float"...Here comes the easy part...Just put a pair of maybe 7" by 1,5" wood pieces, one at the top and one at the bottom, and glue them to the back...the paintings will now float as you wish them too...

Nice picture aswell

Z1K0B4
03-03-2004, 08:37 PM
ahhh. IC. i'll give it a try. clear platic spacers would be great too maybe....

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.