PDA

View Full Version : Almost done... Critiques please.

Clockwork
03-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Hey all please give me your crits.. not quite done, gotta tweak a few things....

Lemme know what you think. Click Here (http://www.3amdesign.com/theraz/)

teagan
03-03-2004, 02:10 AM
i love it! the site is a great match and fits well with the music.

Kieguy
03-03-2004, 04:07 AM
Really nice!! I'll bet that took awhile to create!

I do like how the vines curl in and stuff, but once you add in each of the photos warping in, the 'intro' part starts to take too long before content starts appearing, imho. Wouldn't neccessarily take all that out, I'm sure it was work-intensive and does look good. Maybe just speed it all up a bit and/or have more events overlapping, like several vines coming in at once, then each pic appear with less pause inbetween or one start before the previous is done. Though I know its a balance of doing that and overloading the end users processor with multiple events going on...

Another thing: usually with music playing to accompany the site, I'm used to the bottom 'music player' having more control...being able to adjust volume right there, pick tracks, etc. I found 'The Music' link in the nav after awhile...maybe at least some extra button down on the bottom with the Now Playing area that also jumps straight to this 'The Music' option.

And just me, I'd prefer at least a tiny touch of some other complementary or accent color, all that green gets a bit overwhelming...? Or maybe an area that's a flat (no or little texture) gray or yellow-green to contrast with all the texture going on...just another imho.

Just some hopefully helpful crits...maybe some stuff you've already had in mind...I know you said its in progress. As the 'lorem ipsum' text shows. ;) Also, there's a typo in the Upcoming box, for 'Decemberr 31' (two r's). ;)

3dJessy
03-03-2004, 06:42 PM
I like the website a lot; the vines, the water, the darkness, the whole image. It's always good when you see something that you have little or no idea how it was done. Good deal there.

But there is something that really didn't work for me.

I think that the music and the band members don't fit this image that you have created. When it was first coming up I expected the band to be like White Zombie, or Ozzy, or Kiss, but the music started playing and it really threw me off, and then the band member's pictures came up and they just don't sit well in this environment. But that's just me.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.