PDA

View Full Version : Arch Model 4 Work

da_rock21
03-02-2004, 05:22 PM
Here is a rendering i had to do for a presentation at work. this is actually being built. the rendering is referance for the construction guys. anyway here it is....

C&C welcom

http://www.architecturedemarest.com/test/8x11%20copy.jpg

http://www.architecturedemarest.com/test/kitchen2%20copy.jpg

frizzank
03-02-2004, 05:56 PM
Your shadows look a little off on some of the corners.

da_rock21
03-02-2004, 07:04 PM
thanx frank. keep the vague comments commin:hmm:

da_rock21
03-02-2004, 11:31 PM
:hmm: no body likes me?:banghead:

Shaykai
03-03-2004, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by da_rock21
thanx frank. keep the vague comments commin:hmm:

Thats a rude way to reply to someone that gave you a critique, that while not very long, still worth your thanks instead of your sarcasm.

Anyway:

Your lighting definitly needs work, since i'm not an expert on lighting i can't tell you exactly what to do to make it better. sorry :(

Another thing you might want to do is add a smooth, or at least some more polys to your table. I can see the poly edges. I like your idea of having 'ghost' images of real people mixed in with the cg. The whole place is also too evenly lit in my opinion. Even the cieling where one would expect a few shadows is really bright. The metal shader could also use some work. One thing you could do that would improve the over-all realism of the model is to add bevels to just about everything. Nothing in life has such a perfect edge like things on a computer do. All in all, a pretty solid piece. Good job. :)

Shaykai

da_rock21
03-03-2004, 02:34 PM
shaykai,

i know frank and i told him and a few other friends to check out the post and tell me what i needed help on. he really didnt have time so he just posted that so i would leave him alone. i forget that people dont know i know him and so it may have sounded rude. i appologize and also thank you and anyone else for their c&c .

as for the tables.. i was instructed on what exactly all the furniture was to look like and that was handed down by the superiors. i will try and work on everything else.

Shaykai
03-03-2004, 11:33 PM
Oh ok, as long as you know each other. :) Hehe me and my friends joke around and stuff like that all the time. Sorry for the missunderstanding. I look forward to some updated renders :)

Shaykai

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.