PDA

View Full Version : Still:The Last Stand

christopher
03-02-2004, 03:01 PM
Modeled in Poser then Exported and Rendered in Bryce.

Take a look! (http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=303667&Start=1&Artist=knight&ByArtist=Yes)

I just wanted to re-interate my thanks to all of the great people here at CGTalk for their crits, tips, and help. Over the last few days, I have received a tremendous amount of input via the forums, email,etc (both good and bad) which has allowed me to gain new perspective into improving. Maybe someday in the future, I will become a somewhat improved artists look those here that inspire me. Thanks again for everything!

RoadKill
03-02-2004, 07:43 PM
Hmm, I like the idea behind the pic.

The characters are a little static though, doesn't look like they're moving. Also, I miss alot of shadows, mostly on the ground.

A.Bereznyak
03-04-2004, 03:14 PM
hi man,

i really advise you to get 3dsmax or maya and work in them. i started with poser and bryce, too; but the deal with them is they don't actyally allow you to CREATE something - they force you to use pre-made models, and using such slows down your progress and learning. that happened to me. sorry, i don't want to be wise-alecky or something.

as for this scene - try using smooth groups on imps, and think of a way to make the mountains less "peaky" - adding geometry to bryce terrain or simply smoothing the terrain will work

luck!

iXaarii
03-05-2004, 02:38 PM
looks like a mythological scene.

Sinister
03-05-2004, 05:22 PM
Hey man youve got some nice talent!

But dont spoil it on premade models and bryce, this is your 16:th post in a short time where you show renders of pre-made poser models...

I dont want to put you down, but this is not the right forum for showing premade model renderings.

Start using some real 3D program (there are many free ones to start with) and do some tutorials, I'd love to see your preogress, and dont give up, it might seem a little overwhelming at start.

swardson
03-06-2004, 06:02 AM
I like the idea but I really think you could do great using these things in something other than Bryce. I have used poser to generate models which I import into maya. try and recreate these models in a more powerfull package. You could do a lot better by just altering the premade models and animating/texturing/lighting them in another package. Sinister is right it might be discouraging and really hard to understand at first but youll catch on quick. keep it up.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.