maybe to update the driver ?
i use the default driver that comes with the card
please .....you know how i feel ...
thank you
Guy URL

RickW
07-03-2002, 10:48 PM
Yeah that looks pretty hosed!

Perhaps it's your driver, then again it could just be your video card. I don't think the rage or the GF2 is supported. Even though these cards work......there may be some goofyness.

I would try and download the latest nvidia drivers for your Geforce 2 and try again.

Good Luck

littlemexican
07-04-2002, 12:48 AM
well... i download the latest driver from asus
and then i replace it with nvidia latest driver
and its still :(((
what about that quadro patch to geforce??

RickW
07-04-2002, 12:50 AM
You could try the quadro patch but I don't think it'll fix your problem. But it's worth a shot?

Sorry I'm all out of suggestions.

macoy
07-04-2002, 12:21 PM
strange, I used GF2 too and it works fine. did u set sth in the options? have u tried the detonator driver?

macoy
07-04-2002, 12:22 PM
one thing i can think of, do u used 16bit color or 32bit.
if u using 16bit, try 32bit

Bradf0rd010
07-04-2002, 08:02 PM
Try the opengl fix available at

highend3d (http://www.highend3d.com/xsi/tools/)

it's the third one down.
I'm fairly sure this will fix it.

marton
07-06-2002, 05:37 AM
i have a gf2 64m card and xsi seems to like it fine, os=win2k.

i would definitely suggest d/l the latest drivers. it's always the drivers from my experience.

rotaryman
07-09-2002, 04:10 AM
I had this happen to me when I installed the Win 2K/XP Detonator drivers when they first came out. NVidia cut out a lot of options like hardware overlay, double back buffers or something along lines of that . Aparently they felt that their game cards were cutting into there workstation Gcard sales. Shortly after is when softimage announced they didn't support the GeForce series cards.

So if your running the Win2k/XP Detonator Drivers that crud happens, try going back to older drivers if you can, that might fix it.

macoy
07-09-2002, 04:14 AM
do u mean the previous driver (before the detonator) supports hardware overlay and other things? If it's so, that would be great!!! But I am using a laptop, nowhere to find the driver, the only driver i can install is from dell.com, i cant even install the detonator downloaded from nvidia coz it doesn't support laptop chipset

rotaryman
07-09-2002, 06:00 AM
Hmmm. Don't know what to say, I don't have any experience with Laptops, so I couldn't tell ya.. You might want to check with dell on that one.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.