PDA

View Full Version : Interior Environment, Shar (3D)

SHAR
03-02-2004, 01:30 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/58483/intenv_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/58483/intenv.jpg)

All greetings! Has decided to expose work for your discussion. I shall be glad to responses.Modeling MAX, visualization VRay...

mikepolizos
03-02-2004, 02:58 PM
You forgot to attach tha image dude! :p

JonM
03-03-2004, 04:04 PM
holy hell!

thats really amazing

good job!!!!!

:applause:

:beer:

:eek:

only crit would be that the curtains look too flat

Z1K0B4
03-03-2004, 04:13 PM
REally nice textures and lighting. The textures really make this work. A couple of things you might work on..

The curtains look very flat. I'm not sure why, because i think they are actually modeled (not just textured in).

The back of the loveseat by the window, the back legs look stange, i think there needs to be a stronger shadow there.

There are some aliasing issues going on, you might work on that.

It would be interesting to add some detail, like stuff on the table, and maybe some texture to the celing.

This is a really nice piece! Keep going!

worx3d
03-03-2004, 04:28 PM
I don't see a problem with the curtains, they look natural to me. I think this image is perfect. great job.:applause:

UnlikelyCorny
03-03-2004, 05:11 PM
I would think that technically there really isn't anything to comment on. Looks a bit like a photo from a hotel leaflet. Everything very clean and proper, a bit dull. But lighting- and renderingwise a great job. thanx.

mikepolizos
03-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Z1K0B4

There are some aliasing issues going on, you might work on that.

I have to agree with that but other than that this is a masterpiece!

Very well done on setting up the lighting dude!

Keep up the good work man!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

otacon
03-03-2004, 06:53 PM
I agree about the aliasing issues, but this is really nice looking. Textures look right on, and the lighting is perfect. It would be nice to put something in the foreground to fill up all that empty space.

slashizzy
03-03-2004, 06:53 PM
:drool: wow...tell me what's your secret...:bounce:

tomcruselover
03-04-2004, 12:42 PM
what are u doing?

CharleyBoy
03-04-2004, 12:49 PM
Yeah!! It's really good work!!
I just think you should curl the curtains because they look flat and straight.

Great work!!

Conanart
03-04-2004, 03:06 PM
My only comment would be that the curtains do look flat - like they were textured in rather than modeled.

Lovely image, well done
G

marcia
03-04-2004, 09:07 PM
Man, people are hung up on those curtains! (sorry, couldn't resist) I think part of the problem is that the curves in the fabric, in the valence and sheers particularly, are squashed too flat. Real curtains have more volume, especially where they're layered on top of each other, and they're never shaped completely perfectly.

The thing that catches my eye is the vase of flowers nearest the viewer... the flowers look like they've been scaled too far horizontally.

Otherwise, looks incredible!

Bredro1
03-04-2004, 09:31 PM
Beautiful work Shar.....I think the illumination on the floor ends to abruptly....it could disperse out a bit further....
The rug is mabey a little to flat and thin.....but it`s a master work.....your first post...and you made the front page....congrats.
well deserved

Bredro1

Vizu
03-04-2004, 09:34 PM
a good Photo ... ;)
Nothing to critic

UnlikelyCorny
03-04-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by marcia
I think part of the problem is that the curves in the fabric, in the valence and sheers particularly, are squashed too flat. Real curtains have more volume, especially where they're layered on top of each other, and they're never shaped completely perfectly.

I have visited hotels in which they had curtains like these... so rigid, stiff and uniform you were afraid to touch them.
I don't think the artist is that far off.

As for the flowers, stretched?...come on...., I guess you just had to find something....

Signal2Noise
03-04-2004, 09:42 PM
Hmm..first post and gets on the frontpage already. Yeah, nice job.:thumbsup:

marcia
03-04-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by UnlikelyCorny
I have visited hotels in which they had curtains like these... so rigid, stiff and uniform you were afraid to touch them.
I don't think the artist is that far off.

As for the flowers, stretched?...come on...., I guess you just had to find something....

Yes, nit-picking (like I was the only one). Nevertheless, that's what I see and that's my opinion. Like I also said, it's an incredible image.

gorgon
03-04-2004, 10:03 PM
I would love to poke through your material editor and see how you put together the shaders,....actually any info would be great to hear.

ThirdEye
03-04-2004, 10:10 PM
wire please

jalingo
03-04-2004, 10:18 PM
Amazing photorealism! I second the motion for a wireframe please. :)

alexyork
03-04-2004, 10:29 PM
Outstanding. Simply perfect.

Garma
03-04-2004, 10:32 PM
the aliasing is weird, and the lighting around the shadow of the couch is weird, and also the light seems brighter than the amount of light in the room.. *breathe* .. but it's great. Nice work on the couches and the table. And the floor.

Shinova
03-04-2004, 10:33 PM
The individual cushions on the couches seem too squarish. Other than that, it looks great to me.

-KDX-
03-04-2004, 10:37 PM
since when were photos allowed on CGTalk???

j/k...really realistic...woulda fooled me if it were in a brochure or movie...amazing.

The render quality is crazy good.

one thing bothers me, but not so much...the back leg of the couch...should have a darker shadow imho...but that's literally the ONLY thing. ^^ nice stuff.

-KDX-

zionlocke
03-04-2004, 10:38 PM
The curtains are flat. Why did you use a 2d plane?

The shadow color is incorrect.

The focal length feels a bit off.

Other than those things, it looks very realistic. nice work!

If you feel offended about what I wrote, I feel frontpagers need the most critical critiques of all.

guereja_1
03-04-2004, 10:47 PM
i would love to see a wire of that. also, there really isn't much too crit. it does look like a pic from a hotel pamphlet. this is an awesome render so i dunno why everyone has to find something bad with this, why not say "hey, that vase looks awesome!!!?"-----people...it got front page.

AJ
03-04-2004, 10:48 PM
That is simply luxurious!

My only crit would be that the perspective is a little steep (mostly noticable on the pedastal/vase on the left) - but that is one of the curses of interiors, so not really an issue.

Really really nice. :D

0=NiX=0
03-04-2004, 10:52 PM
ok i'm not sure if anyone else has commented on this but i think the shadows on the ceiling are a little to hard and dark, but then again i might be crazy...

oh, also the way the sunlight hits the rug, looks a little odd,

just a thought...

-Nik

marcia
03-04-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by guereja_1
i would love to see a wire of that. also, there really isn't much too crit. it does look like a pic from a hotel pamphlet. this is an awesome render so i dunno why everyone has to find something bad with this, why not say "hey, that vase looks awesome!!!?"-----people...it got front page.

Are you a fan boy in the making? People are simply giving their opinions, food for thought for the artist (and each other), no harm. None of us is perfect, none of our images are perfect (some are d@mned close), and crits help us improve. I'm always amused when viewers get offended by other viewers' crits, and it's not even their work. :surprised

vrf
03-04-2004, 11:48 PM
Beautiful work. I agree with Garma's thought that the brightness of the scene is a bit off. Looking at the brightness of shadow areas, it seems as if you have light sources other than that bank of windows. You might consider making the windows your only light sources, and just let the renderer bounce light back into the shadow areas.

MrFace
03-05-2004, 12:00 AM
i agree with you, Nix... the shadows in the ridges on the ceiling are a bit dark and hard. particularly the topmost one.

when i first looked at this image i was completely fooled. only when i looked a little closer did i see anything... though if it HAD been perfect, i'd have thought it was just a photo.

XXooMM
03-05-2004, 12:01 AM
nice... but the carpet... its shiny.

HapZungLam
03-05-2004, 12:02 AM
i think it is the best architachural interior i've seen so far. nice work.

rexfang
03-05-2004, 12:11 AM
Wow....it's amazing.....it's a picture you took huh!! hahaha...
Totlay realizm....crazy.... dude!

Great work!:thumbsup:

kodinaarian
03-05-2004, 12:13 AM
great work

like the lighting.......absolutely beautiful

keep it up

the_zed_axis
03-05-2004, 12:21 AM
amazing work dude what did u use
some tips would be appreciated

oxyg3n
03-05-2004, 12:35 AM
Nice work It is very real looking.

swardson
03-05-2004, 12:50 AM
that is just awesome. if seen on a photography site rather than CG I would not think twice about it being done CG. excelent work. :bowdown:

Stillwell
03-05-2004, 01:47 AM
Awesome work, that was indeed front page material.

Wire please?

Ramon
03-05-2004, 02:10 AM
Great going!!!
That could be just about the sweetest CG image I have seen yet!

musicraker: Right on with your avitar!

emptyvoxel
03-05-2004, 03:19 AM
Wonderful lighting and render. There is a bad repeat pattern on the couches, and it appears that the texture on the top of the cushions is stretched. Your glass texture is great... very "fresnelly." As was stated before, your curtains look very flat, probably because you used a planar UVW map, so the texture is just projected onto the geometry, rather than actually following the folds. It also appears that there are some missing polygons on the circular elements of the ceiling, or some turned edges.

Lovely image... I enjoyed staring at it and "nitpicking."

-T

Benton
03-05-2004, 04:17 AM
amazing:beer:

jaygee
03-05-2004, 04:57 AM
beautiful! love the curtains, the textures and expecially those on the chairs... BEAUTIFUL! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jaygee
03-05-2004, 04:59 AM
give me wireframe of give me death

Matt
03-05-2004, 06:37 AM
I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet but the ceiling has something funny going on over on the right corner closest to the camera, (the round things in the corner.) There is a black smudge, looks like an LOD crack or something there.

This would be a nice scene to reduce poly and render to textures on. Would work well in a live engine.

sati
03-05-2004, 07:09 AM
love it. yes there can be some things that can be improved upon like the curtains, but you have to admit that is one awesome pic....it wonderfully conveys that high noon look of day...just a great overall feeling.

Supervlieg
03-05-2004, 07:25 AM
I think its good. I would decorate my house like that, but its good. Nice job.

SpaXe
03-05-2004, 10:06 AM
wow pretty beautiful^^~!:p
maybe the shadow work can be harder, they are not that nature. -- some are too dark and some can't be seen.

--::SpaXe - Xavier Ho::--

Jason-Kane
03-05-2004, 11:14 AM
I would have to sit here for an hour to find a problem with this.

Really technically flawless in my opinion. Artistically not super interesting. But technical perfection.

The naysayers on this one amaze me.

Pure insecurity or something like that. Really cant crit this sorry.

unwrap
03-05-2004, 12:21 PM
! GI? :cool: :drool:

iXaarii
03-05-2004, 12:51 PM
interesting ceiling. Very realistic, even the rug. Great interior.

Jason Park
03-05-2004, 01:12 PM
It looks fantastic, but one thing: the light on the carpet makes it look like the carpet is made out of glass or something. A little more work on the carpet and it's perfect! :thumbsup:

Geronimous
03-05-2004, 01:31 PM
THAT is waht I can call photorealistic!

props man! wonderful job on the lightening and texturing!

could you post close-up renders and a wireframe ? that would make the day complete :bounce:

studiomiguel
03-05-2004, 01:32 PM
Nicely done. Highly realistic.

I'm curious on a couple of things.

Was this a personal project or a paying job? Just wondering if what impetus drove you to this level (I tend to push paying jobs a lot more). Is this a complete fabrication or a repreduction of a photo?

What would you estimate your production time on the piece was? Usually much longer for personal projects than commercial ones.

Again, nice job.

Curiously,

m

LeeC
03-05-2004, 02:32 PM
Bah! I spend my days striving to achieve this... this is top notch stuff... :thumbsup:

Just to answer a couple of points on behalf of the creator.

"The vase and pedestal in the bottom left corner, scaled, odd perspective"

I suspect this is being distorted from a wide angle lens, somebody mentioned that the focal distance seemed off. If this is as I suspect using a lens less than 28mm then at this distance, focal depth would be pretty near infinite meaning this is correct. This would also create exaggerated perspectives towards the corners and edges, so it could be that.

"Light appearing brighter than the amount in the room"

This is an exposure effect. By exposing a camera for the interior of a room, any outside lightsource appears brightened by quite often huge amounts. This usually results in windows being over exposed, the appearance is common and well reproduced.

I don't really go for the nitpicking because I don't consider myself good enough at the 3D side, but one thing I would note... The shadows from the furniture and windows give the impression of high sun, midday scene. Yet the hue of the scene is quite neutral giving a more overcast day sort of feel. Doesn't feel quite warm enough in view of the light levels, a slight warming of the tones would generate a more consistent feel to the image.

Also it looks light the chair near the window has it's own local light source because it's shadows are so much sharper than those off the window.

These are purely observations from the photographer side of me... the 3D side of me is just sooooooo jealous :drool: :cry:

spm
03-05-2004, 02:41 PM
i dont get this. everyone seems to be able to see the pic but i get an error saying render.ru isnt accessable...

Mastakojo
03-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Wow this is amazing! REAlly photo realistic
the only problem i found is that the curtains r too flat.
I had the same curtain design at home and the curl part is way outward . Maybe the carpet is too clean too, dunno, not an expert...
:applause: :buttrock:

Guybrush
03-05-2004, 02:53 PM
very nice image u hav, im also working on a project a bit on this same style...i just hav 2 crits, t 1st is about the curtains, dont know if they are modelled or just a plane, but they should hav more volume, and the other one is the roof, i just the roof u hav doesnt fit the style of the rest of the room. good work

Marcia Fei
03-05-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Jason Kane
I would have to sit here for an hour to find a problem with this.

Really technically flawless in my opinion. Artistically not super interesting. But technical perfection.

The naysayers on this one amaze me.

Pure insecurity or something like that. Really cant crit this sorry.

You know, Jason, people should be able to offer advice on how to make this wonderful picture even better and not be called a insecure naysayer. It's a beautifully realistic rendering, yes, but some people are simply pointing out a few minor areas that could be improved. Technical perfection is a bit of a stretch if you look at this picture objectively, and if you know how light works.

Insulting people for offering advice says more about you than it does them.

Marcia

Larry_g1s
03-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Man alive! Nice work. Just so clean.

ElKrullo
03-05-2004, 04:26 PM
I can't see it either... does anyone feel like putting up a mirror? That would be greeeaat! :)

stephen2002
03-05-2004, 04:27 PM
Very impressive. So realistic. I would love to see a much higher resolution version of this!

Erikoinen
03-05-2004, 04:39 PM
The picture looks great. I think the russian dude doesn't know what a wire means nor will he answer to any of your questions.. That's just my Finnish feeling about my neighbours, maybe too rude, but according to the first post he made, I think his next reply will be in the next thread he'll start that he will never continue replying.

Please don't hang me.

pearson
03-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Erikoinen
The picture looks great. I think the russian dude doesn't know what a wire means nor will he answer to any of your questions.. That's just my Finnish feeling about my neighbours, maybe too rude, but according to the first post he made, I think his next reply will be in the next thread he'll start that he will never continue replying.

I hate when people do that. :hmm:

kausss
03-05-2004, 09:16 PM
:thumbsup: wonderful work!

nicke79
03-06-2004, 12:07 AM
crap i think i just shit my pants:bowdown:

D A
03-06-2004, 01:51 PM
i can't see the image. i can't access render.ru either. can anyone upload it to a mirror?

cermit
03-09-2004, 07:52 AM
just perfect

PlanetSun
03-09-2004, 08:14 AM
Wow, incredible T&A... I mean T&L.
Yeah i can see what people are saying about the curtains but there is no need to rip it apart because of that.

I personally would've liked to see Beef Curtains in there... have you heard of those?? :applause:

PlanetSun
:buttrock:

SHAR
03-09-2004, 09:27 AM
All greetings!!! I want to thank administration of a site for an estimation of my work! And many thanks to users of a site for your responses, recommendations and cments!
Work comercial, curtains is geometry 3D, with light I think that I in search am photons VRay, therefore I while with adjustments understand

I attach a grid

I apologize for silence... Was on business trip
:rolleyes:

All of success!!!:beer:

SHAR
03-25-2004, 02:49 PM
I re-read yours komentarii on some times! Very much interensye and the correct conclusions I hear from you and with many it agree. But complexity of work consists in that that on a photo easily to make it is visible as light falls also a shadow and here to think up an interior and to make physically correct all details of an interior it as you know very difficultly. Work komercheskaja and time for details was very little, modeling 1 day and adjustment of light about 1 day.... If there will be time more and certainly working costs

Thanks for yours komentarii!!!

Perkar
03-26-2004, 12:25 PM
Evrything is good, but lok at refelctrions on the edges of carpet, its unnatural for me... carpet don't reflect light in my opinon, but evrything else is great

lattu
04-01-2004, 01:23 PM
Oh my, what a hilarious thread. Some of the comments are just too much...

I could post a similar photo and get 100 replys pointing out it's flaws. I'm not attacking critics here, criticism is needed, like "this is not very artistic". But if you say the hue of the light is wrong you really have to see the real room your self. Remember most photos have incorrect hue, that's normal.

Instead of highlighting possible errors you must think if there's any possibility that IRL it would look like this.

Like for example the light hue. Perhaps there's a very thin (so thin sunlight can create sharp shadows) high cloud layer which is very bright. That would make sense. Or the front side of the carpet reflecting light. Perhaps it's just the texture of the carpet? Have you seen that carpet IRL? You haven't.

If you can find any explanation to something you think is wrong, it isn't wrong.

EDIT: :) Forgot to say this is a very very good work! :thumbsup:

light.DD
04-01-2004, 02:55 PM
great job

dman3d
04-04-2004, 07:15 PM
excellent, I am curious did you photon map or IRMAP w/direct comp on the secondary, direct comp only?

maxrelics
04-06-2004, 04:50 AM
very nice!

eternal 76
06-04-2004, 02:44 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
realy very nice please can help me
by sending this file as tutorail

please if yuo can help me am working in 3d max 6 and i want to know more about ligting

espcial in radiosity and mental ray

:applause:

guardian004
06-21-2004, 11:11 AM
this is great.Please tell more abouut the software that u used.

how did you do the glass?

Feagond
06-21-2004, 11:32 AM
Wonderful photorealistic image. Good texture and lighting

Excellent job, congrats :thumbsup:

cyrano
07-02-2004, 10:24 AM
:thumbsup: That's a cool job,, i loved it,
but i agree about the curtains which look little bit flat,needs bumping,
any way every thing is perfect,,,:applause:

Lasarus
07-02-2004, 11:20 AM
Why does everyone need to bump these posts up every 6 months just to say their words of wisdom:
" :thumbsup: Cool yeah! Yeah YEAH!!!! Great W0rC m@n!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:"

It's awfully irritating to come in here to see some art, and think "oh something new!", but just to discover that some sh*thead has bumped up an original post from Jan 13 1997.

And read the rules before posting:
3. Don't dilute the forums with irrelevant and unnecessary fluff.

JASdj
07-02-2004, 01:28 PM
:bounce: wuou! thats good! :bounce:

3wings
07-05-2004, 09:21 AM
a photo?

wow!:bounce:

nacho_grande
07-21-2004, 09:34 PM
Realistic means nothing :buttrock: Your image is like a photograph mate.

gizmoroo
09-13-2004, 11:21 AM
WOW!

I love it and you really pulled it off...
your lighting is really awesome...

Montty_cg
09-23-2004, 12:44 PM
Wow wow wow, this is a truly beautifull picture, so true to life... And the lighting simply stuning... Excellent job, thanks for sharing it with us, I hope we will have the pleasure to see some more. :thumbsup:

SHAR
09-23-2004, 08:21 PM
Thanks guys! It is very glad that to like you my work!

JackZhang
12-31-2004, 06:10 AM
can't even tell if that's a render . shocked

puusep
04-19-2005, 10:14 AM
what camera did U use? :D
anyway, great job , hopefully we can see some more .

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2005, 10:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.