PDA

View Full Version : looks good to you ?

Koma
01-25-2002, 05:54 PM
here is a character sleeping but if you look closely one eye are still looking you. i want your comments and suggest to create a best render(a more realistic one):D
http://www.lestitans.ca/gab3d/sleeper.jpg

studiomiguel
01-25-2002, 06:27 PM
I like the volumetrics and the head looks pretty good at this point. My suggestion would be to work on the fabric texturessome more. There appears to be some stretching and the bump just looks way too big. On the geometry side.... try giving him a shoulder. I don't think he could lay as flat as he is and still turn his head to the side in the manner that he has. Eight raise the chest (if he is on his back) or give him a shoulder (if he is on his side).
Mikie

online_monkey
01-25-2002, 09:33 PM
I'm really scared.

Jean Eric
01-27-2002, 07:34 AM
I think you need to work the skin surface. He seems to have a rash above the eyebrows. Also, the head is in a strange position. Are you sure there is a body under these sheets? The proportions are a bit strange.

My best advice is to recreate the shot in reality and study it. Study how light react in the dark. Where does the light source comes from. Any secondary lighting you need to simulate? Etc...

but it's a good start.

Koma
01-27-2002, 05:15 PM
here an update but now the guy sleeps for truth it was tired.ha ha !
http://www.lestitans.ca/gab3d/sleep.jpg

studiomiguel
01-28-2002, 06:26 AM
Much better looking image overall. Although, I cannot see the textures as well since the ambience is so low. I like that look though... not everything has to be overlit. The textures however to appear much more realistic this round. Although, something is still bothering me about the whole shoulder thing. Try a quick photo reference of yourself in the same pose. Maybe it's too close to the head? You know, like there is virtually no neck?. Otherwise I am diggin' it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.