PDA

View Full Version : Plz help!!!I need help using deeppaint3d with Max6

nanogirl
03-02-2004, 04:01 AM
Okay, so I'm new to this whole gig. I have Deep Paint as a button under utilities in my 3ds6 program, but apparently I don't know how to apply maps or anything. From what I've read it appears to be, oh just open it in 3ds and you can pick a brush and paint. But I haven't been able to paint anything in Deep paint. I do get my model and if I look at channels, there doesn't seem to be a map. Bear in mind that I also don't know much about uv or uvw jazz. What I would really love is a simple step by step on how to from max to deep paint 3d and back into max again. Please help, I really need to modify some textures. Thank you!!! Gina

john3dean
03-06-2004, 08:04 AM
Hi Gina,

I use Max 5 and Cinema 4d 8.5 3d applicatiions and when I use body paint I have used it in Cinema only but I may be able to help.

First of all did you use the paint setup Wizard once you have your model in Body Paint? its icon looks like a purple Wizards hat with a paint brush attached and you can locate that at the top left margin,if not this is your problem....let me know a little more detail and hopefully I could get you to the painting your model part.

Also I can direct you to Maxons own site which is Cinema 4d which as pdf files for using Body Paint in Max and Maya etc.

This link will take you to the home page,then you need to go to PRODUCTS at the top of the page then BodyPaint 3d R2 and then select your Bodypaint choices from this page: PRODUCTS>BODYPAINT3D R2.

If you already now all this then I apologise but let me know and I will see what I can do.

http://www.maxon.net/jumps/support_e.html

My email is : john3dean@maxcgi.freeserve.co.uk

John:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.