PDA

View Full Version : Character: Babe on stairs

Olmirad
03-01-2004, 10:43 PM
Hi all!
Here's something i made last week during evenings, after work... Rendered in 3dsmax. Character is rigged + joint morphs to fix creasing in joints. Skin was made on purpose quite reflective, as it was such in a few reference images i had. Hair and eyelashes (well, not visible in this resolution render) are 3d, eyebrows are mapped texture. I didn't make any post process paint over fixes or such, only color correction. Constructive c+c welcome!

http://www.cgmill.com/olmirad/2004_95_jbabe_on_stairs_var1_sml.jpg

Garma
03-01-2004, 10:51 PM
that's pretty good.. the purple is not my favourite colour, especially in combination with the shoes and the skinshader is strange for sure, but it's pretty accurate. Maybe play a little with light? less lights, more mood?

Tonik
03-01-2004, 11:08 PM
Wow. That's a great looking model. I'm not too fond of that pink though either.

Any chance of seeing a wire ? I'd be very interested in seeing how you put it together.

AndyH
03-01-2004, 11:44 PM
:eek:
Shucks howdy!
The name says it all!

Take away the stairs and it kinda reminds me of 'phone girl' by stahlberg. Was he an inspiration to you? the extreme leg and arm deformations are handled very well!
To be honest, I cant find any crits with it, and i tried hard! The colours are nice, the composition works well, and the model is excellent! Hope you get front page for this!
By the way, do you have any wires or other renders - it looks a bit photoshopped - i just want to see how good the actual model is.

Show us more!!!

AndyH
03-01-2004, 11:50 PM
Me again

Sorry - i just read that you havent done any post process work. Thats mightily impressive! Show us some wires! And maybe a higher res desktop friendly pic? :scream:

I did notice one tiny thing that i would tweak - the crease on the bent knee looks a bit loose - maybe make the calf and the leg 'press' together more?

Excellent work.

agreenster
03-02-2004, 05:25 AM
Wow. Im always impressed by 3D hair that looks that good. Nice job on the model. It doesnt look photoreal, but I dont think you were going for that.

This piece is tough to criticize. Its pretty damn good. But I would say the only thing lacking is mood and lighting. The modeling and texturing and joint setup looks great.

Ckretone
03-02-2004, 06:40 AM
hey ur model is amazing..you just might give stalhberg a run for his money:D ....think u coul dpost a wireframe...

r3studios
03-02-2004, 07:39 AM
really nice work man! i like the soft look of the image :drool:

perfect work, maybe the bump on the legs is too hard. otherwise perfect. :applause:

kingouto
03-02-2004, 07:58 AM
Hyvä Olli!

Great job there. the model looks really impressive.
I agree with Garma though, I think you could get even more out of it if you used a bit more contrasty lighting. excellent hair, man!

xcvbnm
03-02-2004, 08:21 AM
:love: :love: :drool:
The model is great...
Show us the default pose..

My Nitpicks --
Spec on the face is a bit high, too much white...
The thigh joint can be improved, looks too smooth.
Theres something not proper with the placement of head, like when I cover the head with my fingers, the body looks better.

Supervlieg
03-02-2004, 08:27 AM
very good! I like they way you did the skin. I like the way the light bounces of the leg. The body is good, but as said before the bent knee needs a bit of attention.

Bangladesh
03-02-2004, 09:42 AM
That is seriously wicked! :applause:
The skinshader is fab and the modeling is very good! Her bum facing away from the camera might be floating a little and I'd like her to have a little longer hair, but hey! Only personal opinion, it's a great model you have there!

And I don't think the pink is out of place, kinda like it. Like those fashion-shoots! Absolutly great! :beer:

Faithbleed
03-02-2004, 09:59 AM
Overall some nice work. But I have some crits:

- The ankles (both visible ones, inner and outer) dont blend well into the bottom section of the foot, it looks like their made from too different meshs.
- Her left knee and the bit underneath doesnt look right, take a look at your on leg when its folded like that, theres too much of a gap at the very top of her calf muscle
- Her right knee cap is a little too obvious
- It looks like her hair and her left shoulder are passing through one another very slightly.
- The texture on the back wall could use a little work.
- You need to turn the specular down from bright white to a more subtle colour.
- Not that I'm a fan of pink, but I think the colours work well.

Good job otherwise.

mikepolizos
03-02-2004, 11:11 AM
Awesomw work man!
Very well done!
No critics from me!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Anvirol
03-03-2004, 08:52 AM
Great work again olmirad! The whole scene rocks, very sexy.

Olmirad:
Ihan pakko kysyy, että miten valmistat noita tekstuurejas, käytätkö valmiiden kuvien iho materiaalia ja kloonaat vai piirrätkö itse tyhjästä aloittaen?

I hope ppl don't get angry of those few non-english words ;)

mgreenway
03-03-2004, 08:52 AM
wonderful modeling and great joint deformation.
love it!

lilCara
03-03-2004, 09:23 AM
G-R-E-A-T modelling and also render

There's nothing I can say that hasn't been said, but I actually like the pink and purple, it works very well in combination with the shiny skin shader... maybe the shoe color doesn't fit very well with the other colors :)

:thumbsup:

sati
03-04-2004, 12:09 AM
very cool, i agree feels very reminiscent to stahlberg. love to see the wire and default pose.

Plays_4_Pants
03-04-2004, 02:13 AM
I love the new trend of modeling perfectly shaped nude women in an obviously sexual pose. It really makes me proud to know i'm a part of this art movement and in the same category......

sarcasm :cry:

memento
03-04-2004, 08:43 AM
Nice Nice Nice!
I like the picture, nice light and everthing! :)

SN0WM@N
03-04-2004, 03:41 PM
can we see wire???

ufo
03-04-2004, 05:25 PM
I like the live style , modeling is good too .

Phrenzy84
03-04-2004, 06:21 PM
i like your style, looks like you have teh technical ablilty to pretty much create anything you want. Thumbsup from me.

It did remind of of something though, a piece by stalhberg, think its a bit like the pose and the whole pink theme is somthing you dont see often.

heres the pic, http://www.androidblues.com/phonegirl.jpg

neversong
03-04-2004, 06:41 PM
good job.

but I agree with Phrenzy84. definately similar with stalhberg's.

Olmirad
03-04-2004, 07:42 PM
Hi all,
sorry for delayed answers, been busy doing work...

Andy H: I'll try to fix that leg if make another revision of this scene. I doubt i have time anytime soon.. But anyway, something quite obvious i hadn't noticed, and not that many verticed to move either...

agreenster & King Outo: I didn't want to make this typical terminator of day / night look that is seen too often in renders. Something could be done, but not exactly sure what.

Psan & a.Default: Well, do some paintover or something to point out how to fix errors? :)

Anvirol: Photos are not that good material to be used as textures. The ones on this model are hand painted, not that special; just unwrapped in traditional game texture mapping style and then painted in photoshop. There's also a separate bump map and specular (gloss) map for face... (next time use english!)

sati & Phrenzy84 & neversong:
I know there's resemblance to Stahlberg's phone girl but that really wasn't in my mind when i was doing this piece. It's quite single eyed method to look for inpiration (especially poses, lighting etc.) from other 3D artists' work... I was looking at images made by Oliva, Vargas, Al Brule, Dave Stevens, Sorayama when i was trying to find some good "ideas" and color compositions to borrow, get inspired or whatever you want to call it. :) Final idea for the pose came from a photo, maybe Steven S. saw it too? Or some other photo. And what comes to colors, i tried first quite monotonic green / yellow scheme but it really didn't look good at all and after a lot of fiddling with color correction i came up with that current one and then adjusted lighting / colors in scene...

Anyway, here's the wire. Nothing special - It's quite low res and clean, if anything. :)

http://www.cgmill.com/olmirad/2004_95_jbabe_on_stairs_var1_wires_sml.jpg

iXaarii
03-05-2004, 02:28 PM
wweeee ... she's real nice ... umm .. realistic I mean :-)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.