PDA

View Full Version : Wall Ball (Animation)

Soon2bAnimator
03-01-2004, 10:30 PM
This is my 1st animation in 3DsMax tell me what you think...i was just worried more about the animation on this more than anything

http://hardcoreanimation.net/StarBallAnimation.avi

Soon2bAnimator
03-02-2004, 01:44 AM
no one has any opinions?:shrug:

pantheransl
03-02-2004, 03:21 AM
gotta give us a chance man.

anyways, i think that after the ball knocks him down and rolls towards him it should roll to a stop, gradually losing momentum. you have it so it rolls up to his crotch then it like jumps back from some bad odor. unless thats what you wanted to happen, but i got the impression that the ball was suposed to be inamimate object (non living) right?

AlbertArt
03-02-2004, 05:24 AM
I think you should really observe the physics of a ball. Go get one of those balls at Toy's R US. The staging needs to be clearer between the 2 characters, and you should give them enough distance so you can give the ball enough timing. Use the rotation XYZ to roll the ball and the scaling for squash and stretch or you can just add a deformer to the ball. Also you should remember what kind of ball it is, how much air is in it and how firm it will be.

Keep it going:thumbsup: :bounce:

Soon2bAnimator
03-02-2004, 06:33 PM
yeah one of the prolems i had with the animation was the timing simply because when i played everthing in max and it was perfect but when i rendered it out things seem to move faster and the ball roll & stop looked awkward, i couldn't quite figure it out then...translating the whole max time into real time but i have a handle on it now, remember this is my 1st animation..... i've done better since then, but yeah i had a real proplem with that when i was 1st starting.

thanx for the crit albert & pantheransl anyone else have any comments?

AlbertArt
03-02-2004, 06:38 PM
Ahh the playback time is differnent from the render out time, so you should set both to 30frames per second.

Soon2bAnimator
03-04-2004, 10:55 PM
*hits self on head* Wow that makes sence ...im assuming the render time options are in the render menu

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.