PDA

View Full Version : anatomy books for riggers?

Matt Leishman
03-01-2004, 07:24 PM
I'm sure this has been asked of this communtiy before, and if so please point me to the appropriate thread . . .

I'm looking for a great book(s) concerning anatomy that will aid me in my quest to be a more informed rigger. I feel that i've got a decent grip on the topic, but i've never formally studied anatomy, and having the reference with me will help me immensely. I'm not necessarily looking for an anatomy book that caters to artists, although if one exists that will also give me good direction as to the mechanics of the human body (as opposed to just showing the human form) that would be even better.

thanks for your help.

Matt Leishman
03-03-2004, 03:43 PM
no one knows any appropriate books?

titaniumdave
03-03-2004, 07:38 PM
I'm sure you already have seen this site but its the only thing I could think of.

http://faculty.ncarts.edu/generalstudies/pounds/anatomyphysiology/index.htm

Dave

Matt Leishman
03-03-2004, 09:11 PM
i hadn't seen that website before, thanks titaniumdave.

alesmav
03-06-2004, 07:09 AM
hey sith....

I would recommend visiting a local bookstore. Look into the drawing section. There are tons of anatomy books for artists out there. This is the basics of figure drawing. I have one of those books at home and it was quite cheap. Every single muscle and bone is in there.

ALES

verbal007
03-06-2004, 07:51 PM
For muscle flow, n similar type stuff, I've seen a few recommend "Dynamic Figure Drawing" by Burne Hogarth. I have the book, but haven't really needed it yet... considering that most of my characters, so far, have been cartoony. I've seen people use this to help them in 3D and sculpture work.

A book that I HAVE actually used, and enjoy for anatomy reference is "Anatomy for the Artist" by Sarah Simblet, photographs by John Davis. I also like Drawing Human Anatomy
by Giovanni Civardi. I feel his sketches make great reference. Plenty of poses of the major muscle groups.

Course... I think we should all just go to the gym and then get a big mirror. ;)

- Jeremy

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.