- rect. light with realistic decay
- blurry reflections
- a lot of bounces :)

critics @ comments are welcome

/mario'

Jesse-Irvin
03-01-2004, 08:19 PM
It's a nice piece

You said you used GI, I'm surprised you are getting such a harsh shadow under the object in the back, considering all the white being bounced around the room that shadow would probably be considerably more gradual and subtle.

Other than that, it's very clean :D

Garma
03-01-2004, 08:22 PM
it's simple.. a little too simple I'm afraid. Also it's clean, I like that.

The walls the camera is facing. If you would take a picture from this, these walls would be black because of the strong light from outside. Maybe making them black isn't that good but this is a little too white

MarioRothenb.
03-02-2004, 06:08 PM
thanks for comments...

3d43Jesse:
the harsh shadow come from the photoshop editing.... to give the image more contrast....but you are right he is a little to dark.

Garma:
the challange was to create a very smooth white room.... and i know the exposure problem with images from cameras.....

/mario'

MarioRothenb.
03-17-2004, 11:16 PM
hmmm i bought a new TFT, and i saw big problem TFT's have with bright images...
my with image is TOO withe and very overbright.... now i have rerenderd the scene.....

this image is uncut.... it means no PS

rendered with final render stage-1

/.mario'

http://www.3D-Artist.ch/room_9_3.jpg

Emmortal1
03-17-2004, 11:25 PM
It's...real simple.

Duffman
03-18-2004, 07:01 AM
Well it is simple, but is by no means a minimalist piece.

Minimalistic art is generally abstract, a form of abstract expressionism - more spefically the anti-abstract expressionism, but abstract nonetheless.

What you have here as some of the elements of an abstract sculpture piece, such as simple geometry. But it lacks imagination and innovation.. a white room with a chrome sphere has been done many times in CG art, and then done again many times over...

I'll say this much, on the CG side the lighting is well done - I know finalRender isn't the easiest renderer to work with.

On the aesthetic side however, its lacking big time.

kryoboy
03-18-2004, 08:20 AM
thats great pracitice for lighting imo.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.