PDA

View Full Version : Maya's MPx3dModelView..

stoo
03-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Hello,

Has anyone tried deriving their own MPx3dModelView from the Maya API? There seems to be very little documentation and no examples for this. Everything I try seems to fall down after a short time with a stack overflow inside the OpenMayaUI dll.

Perhaps creating my own custom view isn't the best method to achieve what I want: To be able to view everything as if the vertex colour is being modulated by 2x. I could write my own hardware shader node, but I thought that instead I could just slightly modify the default MPx3dModelView class to achieve my goals...

Any ideas anyone? I'll be forever greatful :)

Many thanks,
stoo

playmesumch00ns
03-01-2004, 08:14 PM
Mucking around with 3dView is a bad idea in my experience. I think doing a hardware shader would be a much better way of doing what you want.

stoo
03-02-2004, 10:25 AM
After the 600th stack overflow, I'm beginning to agree with you... :)

Cheers mate,
stoo

stoo
03-02-2004, 02:10 PM
Ok, being the curious person I am (you could say idiot), have you ever successfully* derived your own MPx3dModelView? I can't help wonder why mine bombs out straight away...

cheers,
stoo

* - successful, as in doesn't crash.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.