PDA

View Full Version : The Lord Of The Rings (Ring)

guowei
03-01-2004, 03:58 PM
2 days

software: maya , photoshop

http://asp2.6to23.com/china5d/cgcarmack/TheLordOfTheRings.JPG

My English is very bad .Sorry~~~

Banshee
03-01-2004, 04:01 PM
Oh, you didnīt use the original letters!
Thatīs bad, thatīs bad :rolleyes:

Very nice work, but itīs missing the best part :shrug:

Sceme
03-01-2004, 04:09 PM
it's great. Colors and all, but i think u should have done own ring design, because i know u're very talent person so should have done something else than that ring of Lord Of The Rings story...

JDMedia
03-01-2004, 04:15 PM
That ring is the most boring thing I know... anyway good render:p

Clockwork
03-01-2004, 07:54 PM
Do Gollum and I'll be impressed. Seriously tho, it's another ring, and doesn't even follow suite with the movie... i would change the letters as mentioned above.

Garma
03-01-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Clockwork
Do Gollum and I'll be impressed. Seriously tho, it's another ring, and doesn't even follow suite with the movie... i would change the letters as mentioned above.

yo clockwork can I give you one advice: if you dislike people's work, don't just flame it. never learned that positive crits goes always hand in hand with negative crits? it's not the first time you do this that's why..

For the ring: The blue is distracting, and maybe you should separate the ring more from it's background. don't let the flames go around the ring but behind it. artists choice, i know, just consider it :)

How did you do the lightrays from the characters?

Nice work overall, love the render.

Clockwork
03-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Garma
yo clockwork can I give you one advice: if you dislike people's work, don't just flame it. never learned that positive crits goes always hand in hand with negative crits? it's not the first time you do this that's why..

For the ring: The blue is distracting, and maybe you should separate the ring more from it's background. don't let the flames go around the ring but behind it. artists choice, i know, just consider it :)

How did you do the lightrays from the characters?

Nice work overall, love the render.
Bah, ok your right. I've had a bad week and have been letting it out on here. Do a search on my name and you'll find that all my crits aren't bad. My bad. Unfortuantley although my opinions are strong in some areas, perhaps my tact is less than appealing. I'll work on that.....(Flipping through a Tony Robbins book).

Garma
03-01-2004, 10:54 PM
ok nice to hear :thumbsup: thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.