PDA

View Full Version : Surface Suite Pro

Jaidek
07-03-2002, 05:35 PM
Hi All,
Does anyone here know of a company that sells this discountinued product? For those of you who haven't ever used or heard of this program, it was released about two years ago by Sven-Tech. Basically it allows you to load a given model, for instance a face, then the image map you want to apply to the object. You place "pin" markers on the image map, say around the eyes and nose, then apply the "pins" to the corresponding areas on the 3D model. Then volia! The texture now perfectly fits on the model. It writes the UV's and maps as well. It is truly a marvelous progam and a shame that it was discontinued. Definately something that should be incorperated in todays 3D paint packages. Just curious as to if anyone is willing to part with their copy or know of a place to get it. We have two copies of it at my current job and would like to have one of my own.

Thanks,
Corey Kinard
Modeling | Texturing | Setup
www.coreykinard.com

datter
07-04-2002, 02:29 PM
I remember that. It seemed very useful at the time from what I recall. I don't know of anyone with a copy, but I'm sure someone out there has one.

David

Jaidek
07-19-2002, 04:16 AM
Hi All,

Well I give up, I have been trying to track down this program for about two weeks now and still no luck. The only retail version I could find was the first release which was a MAX plugin. Turns out that Sven Tech patented their texturing process called ABIT - "Adaptive Based Image Texturing" and shortly afterward was bought out by Spatial. They aquired all of the sourcecode but never used it, thus placing the program and patent on the shelf. If anyone comes across the standalone version of this product (not the MAX plugin)please contact me.

Thanks,
Corey Kinard
www.coreykinard.com

Chris
07-19-2002, 04:52 AM
Isnt what your talking about now called "Rubbermap"

Its distributed by digimation, I had a look & it seems to do what you are talking about...

http://www.digimation.com/asp/product.asp

Jaidek
07-19-2002, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the info. This is essentially what Surface Suite did, only problem is that it is a Max plugin. I contacted Digimation and inquired about any future platforms.

Thanks again,
Corey Kinard
www.coreykinard.com

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.