PDA

View Full Version : Maya fur render to layer?

DazP
03-01-2004, 05:05 AM
This should be easy right? No real reason why Fur shouldn't be able to render in a layer is there?

I need to render the hair in a seperate layer so that I can render it in Maya software and later incorporate it into an image with a head model rendered in mental ray.

Only trouble is, I assign the hair to the render layer but it seems to want to drag the head geo along with it into the layer If that makes sense. I just cant render the hair seperate from the head. I can render them both together or not at all. It's like they're unseperable nodes when it comes to rendering. Am I missing something obvious/doing something wrong? Have tried looking through docs to no avail.

thanks!

beaker
03-01-2004, 05:31 PM
turn off "comp fur" in the fur globals and make sure "keep fur images" is on. That will render fur in it's own file. Maya renderer essentially renders fur internally with it's fur renderer and then z comps it over the maya render. So your just skipping over the comping part. The files will be in your "fur/furimages" directory.

DazP
03-01-2004, 09:30 PM
fantastic, thanks beaker!

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.