PDA

View Full Version : Scene: Fight club basement

h3kno
03-01-2004, 05:09 AM
"If this is your first night at fight club.....you HAVE to fight."

i made this after watching fight club. i didn't use any reference from the movie as in i didn't capture any screen shots or anything...i just tried to capture the feel of the grungy underground basement that they used to fight in. I think i'll go back later and put in the cardboard they used as mattes on the floor.

tell me what you guys think

http://home.comcast.net/~hugegochoo/fightclub.jpg

muyyatin
03-01-2004, 09:46 AM
Nice atmosphere you captured here. Maybe it's just me but the floor seems a little plain. The pole in the FG though is very cool. mmm I might have to pull that movie out and watch it again. Nice job

h3kno
03-01-2004, 09:51 AM
yeah it is a lil plain..i wanted to add the cardboard matte they use and also there is a texture on there, but i dont think th elighting is sufficient enough...i might add a directional light to light up the ground a lil bit more and evenly.

hehehe..as long as i got you to watch the movie again.

thanks for your crit muyyatin..i'll take that in mind

Supervlieg
03-01-2004, 03:32 PM
I think it should be much lighter overall and a bit more color (even it is browns) should help.

wedge
03-01-2004, 06:21 PM
this is very very plain, and not very fightclubby.... the movie basement wasn't filled with fog, and those pillars are much too thin. and there's too many of them.

JMendes
03-01-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by supervlieg
I think it should be much lighter overall and a bit more color (even it is browns) should help.

Yeap, remove the fog... Look's like you are trying to hide the whole image, in stead of showing it!

h3kno
03-02-2004, 12:21 AM
really?..alright i'll get to work on those..yeah after i looked at it, the pillars did look thin. the fog..well i thought cause it was smokey in the basement, that it would luminate like that and i wanted to make it grungy, but you guys think i should get rid of the fog? i'll try that. thanks for the crits. i'll definitely work on this and the texture some more. i have a texture on the floor, but i guess its hidden. time to tweak a little bit more.

beenyweenies
03-02-2004, 02:12 AM
Having some fog in this scene would not be sooooo bad, the problem is that it's spotlight fog rather than environment fog. Light fog just looks fake, and it is over the top a bit as well.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.