PDA

View Full Version : professional Rig tuts

swardson
03-01-2004, 12:31 AM
Hi all,
After much frustration with character animation I learned how to make a basic Rig from a tutorial out there. Now that I am getting better and braver I want to do more complex animations and was wondering if anyone knows of some top quality professional rig tutorials out there that could teach me some good stuff. Thanks.

goosh
03-01-2004, 04:53 AM
I'm not sure if you need a top quality rig to create complex animation.

I mean.. depending on what you want to know it might help, but it's not absolutelly necessary. I've seen some amazing animation done with just a few bones and basically no rig.

Good animation is done by you regardless of the rig. A great rig will not make your animation better.. it can sure help. But if you are a great animator, I'm sure you can pull anything of with the most basic of rigs.

Keep that in mind ;)

G

swardson
03-01-2004, 05:14 AM
I completely agree with you Goosh. I dont expect this advanced rig to make me a better animator by any means. I mainly want to know how to build one and start implementing ideas of my own into them. Im mostly interested on a knowledge gain basis.

Goon
03-01-2004, 05:20 AM
Jason Schliefer's DVDs (http://homepage.mac.com/jschleifer/HomePage/dvds.html)

goosh
03-01-2004, 05:05 PM
Cool...

Yeah.. I would defenitelly recommend Jason's DVDs.

They could be a little bit advanced for some people but if you know your way around Maya and understand rigging a bit, they'll be most useful.

You'll get tons of great ideas from them.. I think they are a must in any animator/rigger's library

Goosh

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.