PDA

View Full Version : Character Man before battle

EMCOM1
02-29-2004, 06:40 PM
Hello ,this a paint about ancien battle.

Hope you like it,it's made on mixed media on masonite and juste some repaint (little) on painter.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/images_net/before.jpg

whitebug
03-01-2004, 07:35 AM
the painting looks good... just that IMO you should highlight his eyes alittle.. he looks like hes blind.. or his eyes got dug out.. other then that.. the sky and everything looks nice..

redogre
03-01-2004, 04:16 PM
Everything is very nice but I agree with whitebug, the eyes...

And maybe you can emphisize the helmet more, you can't catch it when you see the picture first...

phoenix2k
03-01-2004, 04:25 PM
I really like this, but I do think some things don't fit perfectly.
The most eyecatching problem would be the helmet in my opinion. It is placed in the picture with almost perfect symmetry and makes it look quite flat. The same counts for the body but the head is really nicely done. I don't think a highlight would be neccessary as the light is coming from behind.

another thing which bothers me is the elbow"patch".
It looks like its at a horribly wrong angle and seems like the elbow is twisted towards the viewer.

all in all i think this image has a great potential, but some things aren't quite right yet... :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.