PDA

View Full Version : Rostom: Movie for 10 Second Club Contest

michelhabib
02-29-2004, 03:24 PM
This is my finished movie for 10 second club contest this month.

Used Trinity for Maya plugin to import Daz3D Michael 3 + head morphs + textures into Maya. tweaked model using head morphs.
Character was inspired by Hannibal Lecter (silence of the lambs)

http://www.rendermagix.com/static/rostom.jpg

This is a screenshoot of the Animation.
The full animation can be seen now at www.rendermagix.com or 10secondsclub.com (sometime in Early march)

Your comments are most welcome, Thanks!!!

I do wish we could chat longer but... I'm having an old friend for dinner!!! Bye...

agreenster
02-29-2004, 04:08 PM
You really should post a direct link to the movie....

Err wait-here ya go

http://gallery.rendermagix.com/albums/rostom/rostom.mpg

Textures and modeling are nice but the animation lacks. For one thing, at 10 second club, theres usually more than just a floating head involved...

Second, the animation ('specially the lip synch) seems choppy and not very expressive. When he looks away from the camera, its a pretty big distraction.

michelhabib
03-01-2004, 05:22 AM
Thanks agreenster. actually I didn't have much choice about the 'floating head', this is an animation contest after all, and there is alot u can animate on a head....
Believe it or not, i put much effort on the animation for couple of days so i am disappointed if u say its not very expressive. but thats the best i could do for a first animation ever. I will try better next time - Lip sync drives me crazy, because u have to work on a very tight time range....
For the choppy part, please make sure it downloads completely first, coz it plays while downloading!!
Overall, I have done this for stress testing my Maya Plugin, and that i am very happy with :bounce: u like it too.

I invite you to watch the entries for this month contest when they're out, I have seen them, few of them are so interesting!!!

Thanks again...
Michel.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.