PDA

View Full Version : Modeling: old toys

doude
02-29-2004, 03:15 PM
Hello,

here a school project which treats old toys.
Maya 4.5, Maya render.

http://yves.dalbiez.free.fr/images/galerie_modeling/grandes/pics05.jpg

http://yves.dalbiez.free.fr/images/galerie_modeling/grandes/pics04.jpg

Garma
02-29-2004, 11:15 PM
wow, can't believe this thread is almost dead without 1 reply.

Love the train and the bike. However I think they suffer from the composition. on one side the composition improves the realisme here but I think a different one would be better. Maybe throw in some reds, a table light, make the mood warmer. THis way it looks like they were thrown there at random. Make it look like they have a place in a room. you know what I mean?

muyyatin
03-01-2004, 12:40 AM
VERY nice texturing on the toys, especially the metal bike. What would really improve this image (besides Garma's composition crits), would be to add detail/variety to the environment (walls, table). Right now the table's perfectly smooth, and the wall looks new, with very used (and loved) toys. Gives it a contrast, if that's what you were going for, you might want to over-do it.

zuliban
03-01-2004, 02:01 AM
i like it specially the train and the textures good work!

dr.Schultz
03-01-2004, 10:18 AM
yep, textures are very nice it's the composition that needs work

doude
03-01-2004, 01:24 PM
Yep! thanks you very much guys

you're right. Thanks for yours crits,compositions need to be improved.

garma> yes I know, you're right, I have the same feeling that objects are in the middle of nowhere but it was a school subject and I didn't have the time to change anything...

yes, it seems that the chimney is not a very good choice for these toys. But I have difficulties to think to an adapted place for it.

Thank a lot for the interest you brought to the toys and sorry for my awful english

:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.