PDA

View Full Version : Art/concept: Impossible glass object

davhub
02-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Hi everybody, this a geometrically simplified version
of my previous one, but I changed the texture
and add some features to it (internal bumpiness, and so on)

what do you think about? :)

http://www.dhpdesign.com/test/cgtalk/Impossible_01.jpg

here's my previous link:

Impossible glass object (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117239)

(made in Lightwave [7.5])

DavHub

pluMmet
02-29-2004, 04:24 PM
Great, I love it :beer:

dcp
02-29-2004, 04:33 PM
I love the reflection on the bottom but I don't see any red in it. Very nice and it had a nice professional feel to it.

Dj.Kopito
02-29-2004, 04:50 PM
Nice work
Beautiful color...

slackjaw10
02-29-2004, 09:58 PM
I like it, but I wish you had done something more with it, like maybe incorporate the environment into the whole "impossible object" concept somehow. It just seems to me like you could've done something other than just putting it on a linoleum floor (which looks perfect BTW :D ).

davhub
03-01-2004, 07:55 AM
Hi guys! thank you very mmuch for your suggestions!
finally I get some feedback! :eek:

--- slackjaw10---

like maybe incorporate the environment into the whole "impossible object" concept somehow...
-------

This is a great suggestion! The story behind was: I never used caustics and I would like to render a photoreal image with glass.. that's all. The first set was done with a three pieces of "impossible glass".. (see the links in the first post).
The backgroiund idea, so became: in a known environment,
there's something strange... (and this could be emproved I know)

maybe an an animation or another background... I'll work on this..

thank you very much! :D

davhub

muyyatin
03-01-2004, 08:43 AM
Somehow a red light on the floor seems to be missing as mentioned before... that's just been bugging me every time I see this image... otherwise I love the style, and the floor.... *drools*. Maybe add a red light and render it in... 1400x1050 and it's my desktop background! Nice work

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.