PDA

View Full Version : Duplicating A Weighted Skin For blend Targets

Rmac36
02-28-2004, 03:12 PM
HI,

I am in the middle of "Stop Staring" by Jason Osipa.
He says that you can duplicate the weighted map when creating your blend trargets, so you have the advantage of opening and closing the mouth while building your shapes. When I do this I get that Blend Shape sliding problem I read about, where the original model slides over to the targets position in space, although I never Froze transformation on the duplicate.

Is there a way that I can duplicate the skinned model without having to mess with fixing this problem everytime?

Im using Maya 5.01

Thanks -Rmac

OH -The book Rocks btw

JasonOsipa
03-05-2004, 06:55 PM
The problem is *probably* that the position in which you are doing the duplicating is not the "native" position.

Remember, all verts are where they are because of a series of deformations and transformations.

When a blend shape causes the head to "move" it means that the verts are in a different position from where they are on the base head, and that all gets computed via the center/pivot. SO, you can dupe the base head and use that dupe as a blendshape, but if it was CREATED with the verts in a different place than they were when you did the skinning (and the move was caused by joints) then, it'll move as a result.

Do a "go to bind pose" *before* duplicating the head. That should work. -J.

Rmac36
03-08-2004, 06:05 AM
:beer: Thanks alot man!
Your book is excellent! Im learning tons!!!:applause:
-Rmac

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.