PDA

View Full Version : Environtment - Architectural Project (House)

xenoz
02-28-2004, 12:46 PM
:bounce: Guys, I just finised my architectural project this morning! :rolleyes:
Tell me what you think of em! Thanks!

First Floor
========

http://xenoz.2webh.com/archives/portfolio/3d/archit_1st_floor.jpg

I-NetGraFX
02-28-2004, 01:03 PM
Your lighting needs a massive improvement!
Try radiosity or final gathering if your "manual lighting"
does not give the right result!

Cheers, Daniel :arteest:

xenoz
02-28-2004, 01:08 PM
Thanks I-Net-GraFX, when I use Final Gathering, it will heavily slow down the rendering time! That's why I chose not to! :p

---

Second Floor
==========

http://xenoz.2webh.com/archives/portfolio/3d/archit_2nd_floor.jpg

Bredro1
02-28-2004, 01:26 PM
Yes..lighting needs work....also experiment with colors and textures.Everything seems a little too 1 dimensional right now.
Too much color uniformity right now.....also the doors need door knobs...:)....just lathe a spline for those....easy stuff...:)

take care

Bredro1

xenoz
02-28-2004, 01:35 PM
Wow thanks guys! Well, I did not use radiosity because I'm with Mental Ray, and I did not use Final Gathering because once I got it set up, It will heavily slow the rendering time! :)

.. and I did make a door knob, you didn't see it? err ... I don't have to zoom it in, do I? :p

xenoz
02-28-2004, 01:38 PM
Weird, It seemed I could not post my three images all together as I planned! Well, here is my movie room ...

---

Movie Room
==========

http://xenoz.2webh.com/archives/portfolio/3d/archit_movie_room.jpg

PS. I will also make a short walkthrough video of the house and I will link it here as soon as it's completed! By the way, they are done in 3DS Max with Mental Ray!

:)

xenoz
02-28-2004, 01:39 PM
Wow thanks guys! Well, I did not use radiosity because I'm with Mental Ray, and I did not use

Final Gathering because once I got it set up, It will heavily slow the rendering time! :)

.. and I did make a door knob, you didn't see it? err ... I don't have to zoom it in, do I? :p

Bredro1
02-28-2004, 03:36 PM
no....lol...you don`t need to zoom....:)
When you first posted...all I could see was image #1[first floor]
and there dosen`t seem to be a doorknob in that shot...unless it is hidden....:)

Bredro1

xenoz
03-01-2004, 05:33 AM
Guys, Finally I've finished the Walkthrough Video of my Architectural Project! The quality is not that superb since I had to reduce the anti-aliasing samples rate to speed up the rendering time which by the way still took 2 days to complete. I wish I had super computers! :p

Click Here (http://www.xenoz.2webh.com/archives/portfolio/3d/archit_walkthrough.zip) To Download
Walkthrough Video- 1,64 MB (Zipped DivX Video)

P.S. It's only been three month since I first started 3D ;)

xenoz
03-02-2004, 10:54 AM
No comment on my walkthrough video? :rolleyes:

Cod
03-12-2004, 07:09 PM
It was kinda hard for me to really see the detail of the objects in the video because of the quality, but overall, I liked it. The way you made the sound fade in and out in each of the rooms was very cool. I felt like I was really walking through the house.

Good job!

Z1K0B4
03-12-2004, 08:59 PM
I think you should definitely work on textures and lighting as stated before. Of course FG/GI is going to slow down render time, you gotta pay to play. Patience my friend! But GI is not neccessary for sure, well placed lights and shadows, along with nice shaders can go a long way.

Right now there is no definitive light source, eberything kinda evenly lit and blue. Are we going for realism here? You might look at some references. Hope this helps.

cheybea
03-13-2004, 06:36 AM
i agree with Z1K0B4...work a little more with the lighting and textures....it seems a bit flat

xenoz
03-17-2004, 05:05 AM
Thanks for the comments!

I've updated the video with a better quality one! Use the same link above to download!

.. but it's now 2,14 MB

Cheers! :p

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.