PDA

View Full Version : Moving rig along with the pivot ?

Pickman
02-28-2004, 09:47 AM
Hey guys, I"m quite new to Maya, I've been rigging my character and want to position it along with its root pivot. Let's say I have my shotcam set and want the character to begin from far away to a closeup shot, what's the best way to organize things without screwing things up, do I always need to move the pivot along with the rig to every step, for every key ?? what's the most handy to have it move with the rig??
THX alot

deshai
02-29-2004, 11:33 PM
Is it an idea to make your rig a child of your character, ore of the controle bone?...
i'm not really experienced with maya eather, So i hope I understand your question right..

pappuftp
03-01-2004, 08:27 PM
what u might be looking for is a root object which is the parent of all other parent level objects in ur rig.. that way u move this root object and the whole rig ( and the mesh if its skinned 2 the bone ) wherever u want to in the scene..

so link all ur parent level controls/bones and such to this one..
mind u parent level only ..

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.