PDA

View Full Version : 3d character: old man head

Adam
02-27-2004, 11:56 PM
After way way to long working on this I think I'm done (at least for a while) I am aware that there are some problem but for the most part I can't fix them. His head is a little noisy and the lighting could use some work but I can no longer add lights to my scene or increase quality becasue it (Maya/Mental ray) crashes:(

Also He could use a background but I just can't think of what would be fitting. Any suggestions?

Overall I'm pretty happy with him but would love to hear what all of you think. His whole body is modelled but only the head is mapped and textured.

Oh and one last comment: I like his greasyness so that will probably stay;)

Anyway here he is

http://www.upponline.com/upload/files/adam.jpg

rattlesnake
02-28-2004, 03:28 AM
i dont know why no body replies, but i must say you made a great work on the eyes, also the skin texture is very well done, what happen with the eye lashes?, well i think is a great work , i find a little strange the part between the eyes, but every human person is differnt so i found it interesting , good job man!:thumbsup:

ufo
02-28-2004, 09:46 AM
Those eyes seem too 2D ~
but the head is very good , well done .
Hope to see the whole body .

neonoodle
02-28-2004, 05:58 PM
It looks good. I really like the wrinkles around the eyes. I think you should add more wrinkles to the forehead. Also, there seems to be some texture problem in the middle of the nose where there's a sharp line cutting up the texture.

Adam
02-29-2004, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the comments for far

the eye lashes do exist just they are a little faint I guess.
oh and I got another comment on the 2d ness of the eyes any recomendations for fixing them?

Adam
03-12-2004, 07:51 PM
come on guys it has been quite a while and I have only got 3 comments. I think I could use a little more comments

Jesse-Irvin
03-12-2004, 11:37 PM
I like the overall look, the head looks great but not old... The wrinkles at the outside corners of the eyes seem a little odd, Perhaps creating some fold with actual geometry or a displacement map instead of what looks like just a bump map. Also as another person pointed out the forehead needs some solid folding, far too smooth for an old guy... Also perhaps some stubble on the face is in order... his lower face just seems to smooth even if he shaves.

I love the eyes and the nose though, Looks really solid... What does the wire look like?

Azure
03-13-2004, 03:38 AM
I like the style alot. The skin looks like a waxy plastic, not sure if you were goin for the petrified look.

paramnesia
03-14-2004, 01:10 AM
i think overall it looks pretty nice, just the details on some parts which most ppl have mentioned, the skin is too smooth on some parts, the line on the front of the nose, more wrinkles should be added on the forehead, the ear kinda looks like neon lights probably cuz of lighting, and it might be a good idea to modify the nose a bit cuz it's kinda bumpy make it look weird.
and for the eyes i think they look real nice, some ppl mentioned it looked like 2D it could be the positionin' of the eyeballs or the camera angels.
it's a real nice model, it would be great once u modify those details, keep it up! :buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.