PDA

View Full Version : Character: Dee Composed

Ken-B
02-27-2004, 10:24 PM
http://www.brilliant-creations.com/images/DeeComposed_01.jpg

I know many on this forum like to see behind the screen contruction and wireframe shots:

http://www.brilliant-creations.com/images/DeeComposed_construct_01.jpg

I'm using a diplacement map to achieve a higher level of detail on the finished model.

Any questions or comments, feel free.

FerryvD
02-27-2004, 10:27 PM
it's creepy and funny, very nice, the displacement makes it very realistic with those textures... just amazing :)

rubberduck
02-29-2004, 12:00 AM
Wonderful model as ever Ken, and fantastic use of displacement mapping.

Can you post a low res of the displacement map image to show how you achieved so much more detail.

Keep up the sick and gorey work.

( Someone should inform him of the benefits of dental hygiene, but I suppose thatís the least of his worries. )

Rey
02-29-2004, 03:32 AM
Great work!!
Everything looks really good.
The only thing that bothers me is the color of the gums (or Jaw).
It seems a little light.

ElyCannon
02-29-2004, 10:02 AM
I think some change in the texture would be very cool in the holes in his face. Like if you can represent the layers of skin and muscle some how. Just a thought. Really cool work of course couldn't expect less from Brilliant.

AstroSanchezz
02-29-2004, 03:08 PM
that's what i like to see great stuff :buttrock:

ken0
02-29-2004, 03:25 PM
( cool, there's another Ken )

Amazing stuff... :thumbsup:

What soft. you've been using?

Ky2k
02-29-2004, 04:41 PM
very good:applause:

Spacemanbob
02-29-2004, 04:51 PM
Before anyone else posts this....

Did Mike Tyson get a hold of this guy before he died. Just look at that ear.

Neat stuff.

:applause:

slackjaw10
02-29-2004, 11:06 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I like how he's got kind of a hillbilly grin.

Breyne
02-29-2004, 11:28 PM
very nice.
I don't like the white part where the teeth connect the mouth though. And the texture on his chin is like stone or concrete. Also, the right ear strucks me as being too clean. I'd like to see it damaged a bit more, same with his eyeball maybe.

Furthermore, amazing textures and mood.

Garma
02-29-2004, 11:49 PM
the bump is a little too much, especially on his chin. I like the displacement and the lighting. nice job :)

Myce
03-01-2004, 01:23 AM
nice model u made there and the displacement map is kewl too.
somwthings dont look right tho for example the red light inside the left eye socket and inside the ear. and maybe have some flesh showing thru wud be kewl too and maggots, u gotta have maggots.
And i like how hes gut a grin/smile goin on, its like he went out as a happy fellow.

xcvbnm
03-01-2004, 07:27 AM
Gorgeous.... ;)
One image showing the right side would be cool.
I'm not sure if the socket without eye should be like that, empty.. i e

huahua
03-01-2004, 07:57 AM
wow~

Ch3
03-01-2004, 11:25 AM
I like the teeth...:D
nice model

what software and renderer did you use?

SpaXe
03-01-2004, 11:39 AM
:p Wow it's really good^_^..:thumbsup:

mikepolizos
03-01-2004, 02:29 PM
Looking cool and creepy at the same time!

Like the textures!

Good work man!
:thumbsup:

Ch3
03-01-2004, 02:55 PM
you haven't turn on shadows on the right orange light and it creates highlighs inside the eye socket and on the left ear.

I dont know how important this is... maybe its better like that so you can see more details.

Ken-B
03-01-2004, 05:21 PM
Thanks so much for the comments, I appreciate it.

I modeled this in Lightwave, and rendered it in Carrara 3. The reason for this combo is that Lightwave doesn't handle displacements properly. Carrara is low-cost, has a good rendering engine and can do displacements through a plug-in called anything grooves. There were some limitations to the level of subdivisions I could get on the model with displacements in the software, but I was able to get something out of it, which was more than I could do with LW. I have used normal mapping in LW, which is a good alternative, but I wanted actual displacement in this case.

I did purposely leave the shadows off with the warm light because I liked the highlights generated without them. Not as realistic or accurate, but it was more an artistic call.

I did have some holes in the ear in view, but they don't show from that angle. No gums was another choice, but it may need them since there's a lot of flesh left on the face. Maggots are a good idea too.

Good suggestions all. I try to post another angle soon.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.