PDA

View Full Version : Environment: Winjard Slums (2)

Svenart
02-27-2004, 07:19 PM
Updated Version! Made with Lightwave, Thanks for viewing.

http://3d-ring.de/3d_galerie/3d_bilder/469_1.jpg

I-NetGraFX
02-27-2004, 08:00 PM
Nice texturing work!

The only thing I would crit (that's my own opinion) are
the water reflections, they look somehow odd.

But, still a well done shot. :thumbsup:

Small question:
Where's the noise grain from?
Is it from the jpg-compression or intended to look like this?

Svenart
02-27-2004, 09:09 PM
the noise grain has something to do with Lightwave Radiosity. I used low Radiosity and Low Antialiasing, and turned shading noise reduction off (Itīs blurring the textures to much). Thanks!

worx3d
02-27-2004, 09:53 PM
It's a great image, very good work. I wish you could get rid of the noise, it distracts me form an otherwise beautiful render. The water looks fine in my opinion..

Thekkur
02-28-2004, 12:03 AM
excellent setting and superb elaboration of the atmosphere. Mind if I use your wonderful image in one of my DnD gaming sessions?
:buttrock:

Btw, at www.planeshift.it they're desperately searching for developers like you. Maybe it's somthing for you!

luhna
02-28-2004, 12:24 AM
WOW ... very nice work :beer:

:surprised luhna

Rivendale
02-28-2004, 01:40 AM
Hi Svenart, that is really good. I like the lighting and the atmosphere. It looks kinda like Berlin the day after the war, but in a different time, if you know what I mean.
I think the anti-aliasing could be better, you can see some jagged edges and it would be better with a little less grain. I would suggest that you add some kind of life in there. Maybe some crows sitting on the washing-line or something.

Good work!

xcvbnm
02-28-2004, 07:01 AM
Excellent models, textures and bumps.
:applause: :applause:
Although the unsaturated colors are okay for this kinda whether, I feel the saturation is too uniform, bcoz the nearer houses/objects should show some color, but not much.
Same for contrast, the nearer house should have a bit darker dark areas....
Anyway its a matter of taste

yangmiemie
02-28-2004, 07:34 AM
I LIKE IT
:thumbsup:

Svenart
02-28-2004, 07:19 PM
thank you all for the feedback! To Thekku: Sure, you can use all of my images for your private rpg sessions!

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.