PDA

View Full Version : Character portrait: Lisa

ArneK
02-27-2004, 05:02 PM
Hi, just thought I'd post my portrait image of a 3D woman I've been working on through a long period of time after work. I've made the full body also and I'm in the process of doing the final textures now. Intend to rig her and animate her later (when I find the time).

Made/rendered in Lightwave (no radiosity), G2 for skin, Sasquatch for hair. Put together in Photoshop.

UPDATED MARCH 14th: New render with radiosity on head - no G2.

Arne :)

http://www.akdesign.no/ezboard/Lisa_web.jpg

AndyH
02-27-2004, 05:15 PM
Very nice!

It Looks quite original as far as CG ladies go.
The only thing that stops it from being realistic is that the eye area is a touch too big.
I love the eyes, cheekbones and lighting.

Do you have any more pics to show? different angles? wire? full body? :blush:

Ramon
02-27-2004, 05:50 PM
nice job! I like it.

azazel
02-27-2004, 06:36 PM
I like that slight stylization of her face very much. Makes her maybe not photoreal, but nice to look at for sure.

fast4ry
02-27-2004, 06:43 PM
i like,not a total realistic modeling,cool.

Dreamwave
02-27-2004, 06:59 PM
beautiful!!
the texturing of the skin is excellent and with the big eyes she reminds me a lot of Natalie Imbruglia :)

ArneK
02-27-2004, 07:16 PM
Thanks for your comments.

I originally wanted to make her as realistic as I possibly could, but as I discovered the limitations of making absolutely photorealistic hair and skin in Lightwave, I lowered my level some. Being a perfectionist I was somewhat disappointed, but oh well. Stylized it also cool.

With her dark hair (I originally aimed for blond though) she does remind of Natalie Imbruglia (she's gorgeous... sigh) but I sort of used Amber Valetta as my loose inspiration. (see below)

http://www.akdesign.no/ezboard/avaletta.jpg

Profane
02-27-2004, 07:43 PM
to me she looks photorealistic...the only thing that bugs me tho,is her pose...so unnatural!
anyway....thumbs up for ya!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ArneK
02-27-2004, 07:56 PM
Lol... Profane, I hope you didn't mistake the small pic for being a render -- it is a photo of Amber Valetta. The reason she looks so stiff in the main portrait is because the model isn't rigged yet. I will re-pose her and give her a more natural and rested head position when rigging is done. ;)

KnickKnack
02-27-2004, 08:03 PM
Nice modelling and texturing, the skin looks great.

I think her lips need to be more red. The pink makes them look totally fake. You should also consider warming the whole image up, to make her skin more redish in places.

Apart from that, spot on, I love the style.

I'd absolutely love to see a render with her eyes looking to her right, as if she was caught unawares.

Profane
02-27-2004, 08:15 PM
@ArneK.....well people tell me that i'm fool....but not so insane to think that that photo is a render! :) lol!

ArneK
02-27-2004, 08:54 PM
Profane, sorry. Not implying you are a fool... lol!

Here is a pic showing the entire body and the original skin color.

I'm not quite finished texturing the feet/shoes yet, and I just started working on the clothes.
Sorry about the missing underwear... lol

Should I give her a sexy skirt, hotpants or what?

Any ideas on what kind of setting/environment I should put her in? I'm open for suggestions. :)

http://www.akdesign.no/ezboard/Lisa_body1.jpg

I-NetGraFX
02-27-2004, 08:58 PM
"fool!"

... sorry, just jumped over my lips ...

Is her mouth closed or is there just black?
Maybe, this young lady has no teese . . . ?:twisted:?

ompffh, ... Any way, cute face!

ArneK
02-27-2004, 09:13 PM
Yes, she's got teeth. I just haven't textured/shaded them yet. Working on getting just the right translucency and subsurface scattering... Hopefully I'll make her smile her million-dollar smile in not too long. :)

http://www.akdesign.no/ezboard/Lisa_smile1.jpg

Zarathustra
02-27-2004, 09:52 PM
Great model.

I just find it amusing that she can find time to put on high heels but not panties. :D

omar C
02-28-2004, 01:31 AM
thats some cool modeling ...great and impressing job on the hair

Originally posted by Zarathustra
Great model.

I just find it amusing that she can find time to put on high heels but not panties. :D

LOL

toonshady
02-28-2004, 01:48 AM
Fantastic work. Just like to give my shout out. But how come she doesn't have any panties on? Oh well, I like it anyways. Kinda kinky.:beer:

gent_k
02-28-2004, 09:32 AM
Great Modelling.

I think that Steven Stahlberg's way can be applied to the skin.

The hair is great.

Profane
02-28-2004, 11:20 AM
...Oh my Lord!Put her undies on....!She's obscene! LOL!:p ;)
great model!

aurora
02-28-2004, 06:54 PM
I have to disagree with KnickKnack. I love the lipstick color in fact I would kill to know how you got that pearlescent look. The whole texture scheme is yummy and the modeling superb. The only neg crit I have is that the eyes seem to white and it kinda distracts alittle from the dream like stare I have locked on her. Great job!

dcp
02-28-2004, 11:11 PM
Very Nice, though I seemed to be freaked out by the sudden change of full body to bald woman with pink spline hair! Gollum in the flesh of a woman.

ArneK
03-14-2004, 11:18 PM
I've just updated the image in the original post with an updated render done with radiosity and no G2. Can't seem to get proper skin using G2 no matter how much I tweak it... The white in the eyes also turn out better using radiosity without any subsurface scattering. Don't ask me why, but it does. Hair is still Sasquatch, composited in Photoshop.

Waiting for FPrime for Mac to be ready tomorrow, and will make a radiosity turntable when it is up and running :)

Here is the new render without color correction:
http://www.akdesign.no/ezboard/Lisa_warm.jpg

Ramon
03-14-2004, 11:24 PM
ArneK, I like the anatomy. Can you post a wireframe of her body?
Thanks

ArneK
03-14-2004, 11:49 PM
Here's a wire:
http://www.akdesign.no/ezboard/Lisa_wire1.jpg

Ramon
03-15-2004, 01:07 AM
Thanks. I like the poly flow. Is that 3 point polys on her thighs?
Great model.

toonshady
03-15-2004, 01:41 AM
Holy cow. Nice render again. I like this warmer palette. And it's beautiful even without SSS and color correction. What kind of lighting setup you have there? Mind showing some lights infos and locations? I find skin rendering is kinda tough. Usually the cg lights tends create alot of blown away hots spots on skin tones.

agreenster
03-15-2004, 01:41 AM
I like the second render much better. Not as dead/grey looking.

Excellent job man.

And um, nice landing strip...:blush:

Ramon
03-15-2004, 03:00 AM
I'd also thrid that about the second render. The warmer tones are more appealing.

Profane
03-15-2004, 06:16 AM
much better the second render

JZA
03-15-2004, 07:15 AM
Damn, that mouth looks soo nice... mmmmmmmmmm :)

gent_k
03-15-2004, 01:26 PM
:drool: she looks perfect. the skin looks perfect.

no crits.

Q_B
03-15-2004, 02:56 PM
yeah! shoes and top, but no panties lol!
No prob with me thou.

And man, when i saw that wire from her face ... yikes looks like day of the dead!

Anyways great work, like her alot!
Both render looks cool.
:thumbsup:

J.K.Makowka
03-15-2004, 03:33 PM
Hmm, well to me those huge eyes look freakish, without the skin and hair the gollum comparism someone else did is quite right (gollum has also huge eyes).

Don't get me wrong, the model is great, but it would be even greater with smaller eyes ;)

:thumbsup:

Profane
03-15-2004, 03:37 PM
yeah....i agree with J.K.Makowka

reCurse
03-15-2004, 07:31 PM
:beer:

I like it

epasinet
03-15-2004, 07:34 PM
Compliments, very, very good work!!!!!!
Please, post the wire of head only!!
Lightwave is fabolous....

BASSit
03-15-2004, 08:16 PM
Simply Stunning :applause:

I really like the (Out-Of-Proportion~) eyes...and those cheek-bones are really great. I wish my female models had that special sex-appeal yours definitly has !

Keep at it !!!

Cheers :beer:

BASSit

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.