PDA

View Full Version : Animation Reel:Serious crit.

kevinw
02-27-2004, 03:59 PM
I'd like some honest feedback on this. :banghead:

REEL 10mb divx5.1 (http://www.cgwisdom.com/animation/demodivx.avi)
REEL 2.6mb WMV (http://www.cgwisdom.com/animation/demowm.wmv)

P.s. I'm currently looking for work. :bounce:

t-toe
02-27-2004, 04:10 PM
hey, you've got some pretty good stuff there. not to mention an AWESOME name.

I think my biggest crit is that you seem to put your best fighting footage between the guy and the skeleton in the credits all tiny-like. that stuff looked great!

(I also really liked the rock monster stuff, though maybe the plates you added him to looked a little flat-ish. but still good stuff!)

maguskrool
02-27-2004, 04:23 PM
great work, me thinks :thumbsup:

you could improve the set where the rock giant is, some of the trees looked a bit fake and he didn't seem to leave footprints on the mountain, which is odd. The skeleton is AWESOME! It looks almost like it's really there, congrats! The hockey scene is funny too and all this shows that you're a very versatile artist, I think you won't have a problem finding a job :) Good luck and good work!

mattlajoie
02-27-2004, 05:33 PM
its a great demo real
the hockey players were my fav part

suggestion - the music is also well picked, for the part where the skeleton throws his spear or sword or whatever it is, into his hands and then screams and throws his hands in the air, it migt be kinda cool to time that with the music, for the part in the song where he hollers "WAAAAYAAAAAAA' or whatever, it is actually near that part with the skeleton, might be kinda cool to work that out,

give it some thought

CharleyBoy
02-27-2004, 07:32 PM
Yeah!! that's great stuff you got there. Nice 3D in general, nice animation, nice compositing. Maybe the credits at the end are not essential, it's not a short you present, it's to find a job so... no credits at the end.

Good work, and good luck!!

:thumbsup:

kevinw
02-28-2004, 06:18 PM
t-toe: Thanks, I like my name too. I agree with you that it's hard to see the details in such a small window but really this reel is ment for VHS and not the web. I may make an alternate web version but for now I just wanted some feedback on what I've got. Also, I checked out your site and that odd-breakfast short was a really cool idea. It took me a minute to figure out they were all the same person. Then I had to go back and watch it a couple more times to admire the compositing work. VERY WELL DONE!! :beer:

maguskrool: I appreciate the feedback. The rock monster stuff was done 2-3 years ago for a film fest so at this point I'll probably never get a chance to go back and fix it. I wish I would have had more time originally.

mattlajoie: Thank you as well. I like your idea. There were actually a couple of clips that I thought would go well there. Ultimately I decided the rock monster flying through the air fit best.

CharleyBoy: Thank you too sir. The credits at the end were an attempt to get away from including a printed shot list with my reel. That way no matter how many people reviewing reels they can all see my contributions. It's not very affective on the little web version though.

Thanks again to everyone and to anyone else reading this that hasn't checked out my reel, please do, and feel free to pick it apart as best you can.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.