PDA

View Full Version : DF Training DVD - half price

chikega
02-27-2004, 03:35 PM
Hi guys,

I'm not sure if you've seen that CMI Studios is offering their training material for half off - only $27. I just ordered it and will let you guys know how it is. It's a whole lot cheaper than another "professional" online course that I signed up for.

http://www.cmistudios.com/product_fusion.htm

RagingBull
03-11-2004, 04:43 PM
What is it like mate?

chikega
03-12-2004, 05:04 PM
There are eight chapters and the total run time is 1hr30min. Chris doesn't fool around and gets into it fairly quickly. I haven't viewed all of it yet - but as a beginner to compositing - I'm having to watch some chapters twice for it to sink in - which is a good thing. He covers a lot of ground very quickly. :)

RagingBull
03-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Better than the free courseware 2 thats out?
[I personally think that stuff is AWESOME !]

Signal2Noise
03-12-2004, 05:36 PM
Interesting...

Would this suit DFX+ users or strictly Fusion?

Do the tutorials go beyond the Courseware series offered by Eyeon?

anesthan
03-13-2004, 10:57 AM
HI

I bought this dvd and I must say its good if youy are new to compositing and i have to watch this over and over as it moves fast. I also have to say that Chris posted the DVD very promptly.
I am in Australia so that was good service from them.

Thanks
Anesthan

chikega
03-18-2004, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Signal to Noise
Interesting...

Would this suit DFX+ users or strictly Fusion?

Do the tutorials go beyond the Courseware series offered by Eyeon?

I'm a DFX+ user myself (Modules 1 & 4 - yes, from the LW upgrade deal) - but I have the Fusion demo for learning purposes. I may have to upgrade to get all the modules one day, maybe.

Eyeon coursewares 1 & 2 are very good - so much material to go through. Chris shows you his way of approaching flows, some cool texturing of some logos, some production tricks - all in all, a lot of stuff that supplements Eyeon's courseware nicely. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.