PDA

View Full Version : Animation: Demo Reel: Untitled

Doodah_Dude
02-27-2004, 11:32 AM
Hi guys, first post here.
Hope you'll enjoy it as much as i did working on it.
Here's a still image:
http://www.tobiasth.com/nico_demoreel/16tons_still.jpg
And the divx movie (45mb):

16Tons_Movie (http://www.tobiasth.com/nico_demoreel/nico_demoReel_divX5.avi)

Cheers

Oh, btw, i am aware of the camera glitch in the second half, i guess i'll fix it sometime

tobiasth
02-27-2004, 08:59 PM
no replys ?
i really like it! its amazing! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

kevinw
02-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Well, where to start?
First off, you have developed some interesting characters. I like the look of the scene.
Now starting from head to toe. The jaw seems to not move at all. His chin moves a little but add more squash and stretch to your facial targets. You need more expression in the face. He looks doped up and akward. And don't be afrain to close his eyes for a couple seconds on the more emotional lines. Also the hair in a shot or two was way to bouncy. Try adding some stiffness to it. Moving down, his blue t-shirt is like rubber. It's way to bouncy as well. Again, stiffen it up a bit. The overall movement of the singer seemed dull. He just kinda bounced around in the same spot. There were a couple time when he could have grabbed the mic and dipped down like an old Elvis move. Also toward the end when he sings the last part, it would be nice(because he's singing about his soul) if he put his hand on his chest with some emotion.
Overall I think you have a basis to start with. Try moving him around the stage more. It's kinda boring cause nothing really happens. Alot of the camera moves are unmotivated and unnecessary. Try crossfading from some slow pans to roll-ins and such. Try watching MTV unplugged or another mellow live performance and notice how and why they handle the camera.
Keep in mind this is just one man's opinion. Keep up the hard work and I'm sure you'll do well. :beer:

kevinw
02-27-2004, 09:55 PM
Also, if you want more crit. try posting a smaller version. I almost gave up waiting. But I'm glad I didn't :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.