PDA

View Full Version : Latest Game Model Work

ElyCannon
02-27-2004, 05:45 AM
A realtime game character. The Dharzi Warlord is the master and rider of the Dharzi Hound. Created for a comp but really because I love character work. I am looking for critque on model and texture. The triangle count:
Dharzi Warlord=1976 and 12.5 hours to model

Photoshop used for painting textures. No photo reference used in the textures. Lots of anatomy reference used for creating the creature models.

Thanks and enjoy, I really loved the time I spent making them.

http://home1.gte.net/res1fy2k/dwarlord_model.jpg

keltuzar
02-29-2004, 03:56 AM
1st the yak now this!
amazing work... are you working for a game company?
I love your texture of his beard.

t-toe
02-29-2004, 03:59 AM
wow, man, that's some darned good low-poly work there. incredible!

ElyCannon
02-29-2004, 08:42 AM
I'm not working for a game company, I actually teach modeling and textures at a private school north of Seattle. It seems to be pretty difficult to get in to the industry without some experience. That is sort of a consistant problem isn't it. You can't get experience till you get a job and you can't get a job till you have experience. I know in some cases extreme talent and a great profolio make up for lack of experience but that must be rare.

Thanks for the taking a look at this stuff. Its funny but if no one ever sees your work almost seems like you never did it. Anyway I appreciate your comments.

pLoty
02-29-2004, 09:38 AM
Gret work!!!
No other comment...
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

luhna
02-29-2004, 12:20 PM
:buttrock: :buttrock: great work!!

:surprised luhna

MacLeod
02-29-2004, 01:22 PM
Nice work, i realy like the textures.

ElyCannon
02-29-2004, 08:11 PM
Dharzi Warlord texture sheet-

http://home1.gte.net/res1fy2k/ely/popimages/dwarlord_texture.jpg

Thank you for all your comments! Here is the texture sheet so if anyone has any critique as to what could be better please do tell me.

Guybrush
02-29-2004, 08:33 PM
very good work dude,booth model and textures...the only think i would change is perhaps add more detail on the yellow part of the armour, but thats a personal taste

good work

ElyCannon
02-29-2004, 08:34 PM
You think I should add some scratches and grime type detail or hue variation or simply construction- like joints in the metal or rivets?

Thanks for the feed back!

Guybrush
02-29-2004, 09:23 PM
i think some drawings would be the best, like it had sculpted drawings in the armour

ElyCannon
02-29-2004, 09:57 PM
I agree with this direction.

If you notice I have a motif of arabian domes in his leather chest piece and on his leather groin piece. I think that this same theme may be a nice detail to bring into his armor. Great idea...

Thank you for the suggestion Guybrush!

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.