PDA

View Full Version : realtime Rendering in maya. CG vs ....Ashli...???

mrBullseye
02-26-2004, 08:08 PM
The last few days I have been scanning the web for information on this topic. My interest first came to be, when I read that with the CGfx runtime, and a maya plugin installed, you could have realtime "rendering" in any viewport in maya (or Max), showing all kinds of realistic materialeffects, like bumpmaps, specularmaps, reflectionmaps and the like. since I have an ati Gpu, I figured that this would not work with my card, so on I went to www.ati.com and found that they have been developing a similar product, called ashli -advanced shader library- or something, and that there existed similar maya, and max-plugins, for this ashli.
But I cannot seem to find these plugins anywhere.
If anyone knows where to find them, or have anymore info on this ashli than can be found on the oh-so-spartan website ati.com, I would greatly appreciate it.

And also I wonder if i was correct, assuming that the Cgfx runtime only works with Nvidia-Gpus?! If I could use it with my graphicscard, I wouldn't have to go through the bother of finding an ati-alternative.:rolleyes:

That was the essay for today:applause:
Never could stop writing when I have begun. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.