PDA

View Full Version : Character: Cat/Panter

Athey
02-26-2004, 06:38 PM
In my CG class right now we're working on game asset type stuff. We have this assignment where we have to model one human (based off of one of our classmates) and a "mount" for them (something they would ride).

The girl that I have to model is really into cats, so for her mount, I'm doing a Panther/Cat type guy.

This is my first real quadroped - I'm used to modeling humans, etc. so this was kind of new for me. The rig actually came out a lot better than I ever expected it to. Textures suck though >.<

anyways, I'd really appriciate any comments or critique.

thanks

http://www.moshimoshineko.com/storage/cg250/compiled.jpg

YerEvilTwin
02-26-2004, 07:00 PM
I can see the back of your head

YerEvilTwin
02-26-2004, 07:03 PM
I'm looking at you right now

Ilya
02-26-2004, 07:05 PM
Me too

Athey
02-26-2004, 07:07 PM
lol - Hi Jay.

At first I was like "..huh? back of my hea... oh."

Heh... I'm Modeling Karen for this assignment. I figured a Cat was appropriate for her 'mount'. I spent three days on the model/texture for Karen and it came out horrid. I did this thing last night and I already like it way better - took about 3 hours. lol...

Justin's got Brett Bean so he ended up making his mount a giant lima bean with two legs and red sneakers. lol....
You got anything up on the forum right now?
Who'd you get stuck modeling?

*edit*

lol... Ilya too....

fattkid
02-26-2004, 10:21 PM
I think yer cat looks pretty good. The only thing that isn't quite working for me is the head. To me it looks a little thick, or blocky, like a dogs head, as opposed to a more streamlined feline shape. Maybe one of the things that make the head look canine to me is the white trim around the lips. It seems to come down kinda far, looking more like the jowels on a mastiff or something. The paws seem a little too small also. The body looks good though. Maybe add some more subtle hilites to define a little more detail. Since you rigged it, are ya gonna animate it? That should be fun. That's my take on it. Hope it helps. Good job!

pseudoBug
02-27-2004, 12:16 AM
Yeah, I'd say that the head is one major weak spot right now, I agree with fattkid about the face needing some work. the outline looks a lot like one of those bulldogs.

Paws could be a little bigger if you want that big cat feel, and maybe a tad sturdier ankles, but that's up to preference.

With a good texture, and what's been mentioned, I'd say you'd have yourself a pretty sweet cat.

Nice

dcp
02-27-2004, 11:48 AM
You need to make it a big raring ferocious panther. It's our school mascot, lol. I think it look spretty good right now, but I don't know if someone could sit on it. And the heat looks a little fake with the eyes.

JaMo
02-29-2004, 12:45 AM
i think it looks good. looks kinda like a cub. cant wait to see the character that goes with it.

amola2k
03-20-2004, 06:44 PM
its looks pretty good and it has a nice feeling to it
kinda magical cat feeling .( yea i sound silly here .. but thats what it makes me feeel)
anyway good job keep it up !
cheers

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.