PDA

View Full Version : blend shape animation

marcoslm
02-26-2004, 04:13 PM
Problems with blend shape (Maya)...
I was building my first character animation in Maya and i had a terrible problem with blend shape.

I started modeling with lowpoly and after I deleted the one side of the face and made a copy (instance)
of the right side to make a face symetric. And I made this for the other faces like vogals, consonants, smile, sad etc.
I decided to make others not symetric faces like blink just one eye, move the moth etc...
The blend shape works very well when i use lowpoly shape. But when i decided to smooth the faces, some vertices
are like points in the place that would be rounded (in the head for example). So I decided to combine each faces
to make just one object. And the smooth works very well.
But thatīs the problem: when I combine faces, the blend shape doesnīt work like in lowpoly.
The smile face MOVE to the place of sad face. It doesnt work like just morph one face to the other.
I dont know what I am doing wrong. I tried many ways to build a face just for expressions and I have terrible problems.
If I want to smooth I need combine, but if I want to blend shape it doesnt work...
Please please please...Anyone can help me? What I need to do to make my face smoothed and with blend shape
working very well?

:cry:

john_homer
02-26-2004, 09:54 PM
sounds like you vertex order is changing...

make sure all the faces have the same number of verts.
either with the headsUp display or query the vert number with MEL (polyEvaluate -v)

once you know they are all the same,

go to highend and find the "reconstruct mesh" plugin..
this will order all your verts the same...
a bit buggy, but very handy ;)

.j

marcoslm
03-09-2004, 01:40 PM
Thank you john_homer
I will try to do that...:)
It is my first character animation in Maya and I had many problems to solve that. I think your advice will help me very well.
Thank you again

Marcos Meneghetti from Brazil

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.