PDA

View Full Version : Help with Surfacing Roadways!

johnb
07-02-2002, 10:48 PM
I do a lot of architectural renderings and have to lots of parking lots and roadways... I use Lightwave 7 and have been building my model of the site roadways then UV Mapping them... I need a way to paint lines and dirt on the roadways.. I use surface baker to get a image map.. I use Paint Shop Pro to paint dirt and lines on a new layer... I want to be able to add this to the model but have trouble making an Alpha image so that the whole image isn't applied.... HOW DO I MAKE A GOOD ALPHA IMAGE IN PAINTSHOP PRO... I 've tried reducing the image to 2 colors but that gives terrible results... ANYway what can I do to make this proccess easier?!?

THANKS!!!!!!!

leigh
07-03-2002, 07:58 AM
Hmmmm not being familiar with Paint Shop Pro, I'm not really sure how I can offer any advice.
Have you not got access to Photoshop? Because making alphas in PShop is really easy....

mohh
07-08-2002, 12:03 PM
Hi Johnb,

Go to this site and check out this plugin. It's written for LightWave 7b, so it should work for you.

UV Band Mapper (http://downloads.laffeycomputer.com/bandmapper/)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.