PDA

View Full Version : texure saving problems

lan308
02-26-2004, 09:43 AM
i`m working on a real big project at the moment and i have created my own file structure to keep them organised. For each sub section of the project i have a seperate obj folder, image folder e.t.c
The problem i`m having is with the saving of image maps (on to the models) i`ve created using photo shop. the first 30ish of the models are fine but each time i try to load a new one lightwave tells me it cant find the image file. so, i re-tell lightwave where it is, save, and all seems well until i try to send over to layout when lightwave seems to forget where the image map is! also sometimes when i render it does the same. I`ve tried re-saving my model numerous times and re-saving my image maps trying different file formats. but nothing seems to work.
I was wandering if it had anything to do with me not using lightwaves own content directory? please help i will be in eternal debt to the one who can solve my problem.:bowdown:

leigh
02-26-2004, 04:34 PM
I have found that I have similar problems if I use a structure different to that of LW's normal content directory.

To avoid such problems, always use a main folder for the "project" and use that as your content folder in your Options. Then within that folder, create a folder called "images" where you place your textures.

If you are constantly switching between "projects" then make sure that you are switching to the appropriate content folder as well by hitting "o" in either Modeler or Layout (whichever one you are in) and making sure that the Content Directory points directly to the overall project folder that contains all your images, objects, scenes, etc folders.

Hope that makes sense :)

lan308
03-01-2004, 02:44 PM
i`ve fixed the problem but have no idea why it happend in the first place. I created new folders, named them the same and then deleted the old ones. now it works fine. must have been a corrupt file or something. thanx for your help leigh.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.