PDA

View Full Version : DFX+ and network

eben
02-26-2004, 08:01 AM
hi there,

I'm using DFX+ on computer with 2 network card ( internet sharing ). When i want to queuing my renders, i use render manager.

1/ when i check " allow network render", DFX+ is rather long to start, even if there's no other computer on the network...

2/ the render manager window show me always the same render node with a wrong IP adress. If i change it to the right IP ( and save the slave list ), it's work but the change is not saved ( when i restart DFX+, it's again the same problem )

3/ when i go to preference-> network, the IP adress of the master is always wrong, even if I change it and save, the same wrong adress come back

well, is there 's something i forgot ?

regards,

Eben.

Jayk2k
02-26-2004, 02:49 PM
I've never hear of the "allow network rendering" slowing startup. Maybe contact tech support on that one.

As for the IP's being incorrect, my guess is it is just defaulting to "local host" which is 127.0.0.1 . This is just faster that having to ping across the network back to itself.

eben
03-03-2004, 08:51 AM
Thank for your answer Jason,

I reinstalled my system, ( not for this reason ).

I understand the IP default value, but i've always the slowing startup issue, about 30s longer. I think it's coming from 2 network card, sometimes DFx+ give me, as slave, the IP of my internet ( cable ) provider. I'll contact tech support...

regards,

Eben.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.