PDA

View Full Version : paint in photosop and see in maya ?

jcakyeh
02-26-2004, 04:27 AM
does it possible or any script or plugin to let me modigy
texture in photoshop and show the chagnge on maya model with real time?
thank you very much

Emmortal1
02-26-2004, 04:34 AM
Well considering that would be technically impossible, no.

You can use the 3D Paint Tool in maya to paint on your model, but like most other artisan tools, it's flakey and not very intuitive. So just make an action in Photoshop and get friendly with the Reload File Texture button.

mental
02-26-2004, 04:49 AM
nothing's impossible Emmortal ;)

try Guillaume Rocheron's ATR script (though there are several limitations):
ATR

version : 1.1

description : ATR is a connection between Maya and Adobe Photoshop. It allows you to paint a texture in Photoshop and a have a quasi realtime feedback in your Maya OpenGL viewport or IPR window.

You can paint any channel such as color, bump or specular and view the result in an IPR window for example.

By this way, you can see the result of your texture painting directly on your objects.

NOTE : Works only with Photoshop 7 ENGLISH version for the moment.
ATR v1.1 (http://rchweb.free.fr/scripts/ATR_v1_0_1_setup.exe)

Guillaume Rocheron's Website (http://rchweb.free.fr/)

stallion151
02-26-2004, 05:07 AM
yeh used it, pretty cool. fairly buggy though, crashes maya alot, but aleast your texture is still open in photoshop...

lazzhar
02-26-2004, 09:14 AM
Yes I tryed that script and it works well, but I didnt like splitting the screen between Maya and Photoshop as he suggested.

There is another trick if you use the PaintFX canava ( where you can draw just in 2d) and choose autosave. If you open the texture file there you could see the results of your paiting after you release the RMB. The thing bugging me there, is there is no Layers like Photoshop.

the_zed_axis
03-02-2004, 10:00 AM
max has a plug in by cebas called ghostpainter that does this so its not entirely impossible just need it ported over to maya lol

Emmortal1
03-02-2004, 04:45 PM
I'm going to definitely have to check that out because well, that just doesn't make any sense. Unless it saves out the file everytime you make a stroke and then the script reloads the file texture in maya after every save. I don't really see how it could send live strokes in Photoshop without saving the file and then reloading it into Maya. But hey, if it works it works, I'll gladly stand corrected ;)

EMmortal

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.