PDA

View Full Version : Question: Isometric Render?

X-Tender
02-25-2004, 11:23 PM
Hello,

i build some buildings for an isometric game like "SimCity" .. the problem is only the Rendering, its never Isometric like in SimCity.

Did someone have a tip or a tutorial where i can read how to do it?

Thanx

stallion151
02-25-2004, 11:28 PM
bonus tools has that option

X-Tender
02-26-2004, 12:25 AM
ah great .. thanx, it works works ... not perfect but good ;)

uschi
02-26-2004, 12:48 AM
and you can switch the perspective view to an orto, place it like you want... not even cool but i did a opener with it - it works

X-Tender
02-26-2004, 12:55 AM
yeah i use it in the orto view. .. and afters some training i must correct my statement and say that it works PERFECT! :scream =D ... Thanx again ..

:bounce: :

hyperSasquatch
10-26-2005, 03:49 AM
whats bonus tools ??

i also am having this exact problem.. even if i render from an orthographic view im still getting a perspective out of it..

if i were to render a square at a 45 degree angle i would want to be able to duplicate it in photoshop and have it tileable. but it doesnt line up due to the perspective.

any solutions ? or if you know what bonus tools is then plz do tell more : P

thx

cpan
10-26-2005, 08:01 AM
bonus tools is a free pack of usefull scripts and plugins that is available on alias's site... get it from the download section:

http://www.alias.com/glb/eng/community/downloads/bonus_tools/index.jsp

btw you need to register to download it :)

.p

hyperSasquatch
10-27-2005, 10:17 PM
thanks i got it.. it seems to be working ok.. cept i have a new problem now

the way this function works is it seems to collect all things in your scene and place them under a obj set and then scew the set to give you a orthographic look.

right now its taking my bones and my smoothed skin and skewing it .. which means my skin is getting a dble deform and thus giving me some major headaches

i cant seem to figure out how to get the function to not select cirtain objs in the scene ie(my smoothed skin)

anyone know of a solution .. or perhaps incountered the problem b4 ?

thx

CGTalk Moderation
10-27-2005, 10:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.