PDA

View Full Version : resume

lment
02-25-2004, 06:35 AM
I made an online resume in flash. Comments and Criticism (concept, not content)

http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/lment/Resume.swf

3dJessy
02-25-2004, 08:45 AM
I think that it is important that you set the size of your own animation, just as it is important how you set background color, or color schemes.

You can't go wrong with 640x480.

It's good so far, but I would provide a menu right away instead of having to make people read your whole resume. It's too much reading and you just might loose a lot of people that way.

Good start, keep up the good work.

Scott Harris
03-01-2004, 03:21 PM
wow... better get those physics grades up!

Ian Jones
03-02-2004, 09:09 AM
I'd scrap the music. Why? well delivering a resume with flash is daring enough that some ppl would not even look at it. So, my point is that if you also add music, you are kind of pushing the boundaries of what is comfortable and acceptable.

Besides... it's also annoying.

Scott Harris
03-02-2004, 04:24 PM
Why use flash for a resume at all? ...Itís not really practical

what if someone wanted to print it out?

Clockwork
03-02-2004, 08:00 PM
I'd get rid of your marks, people don't care what your grade 11 marks are, mainly just if you have a high school diploma. Don't post marks until you've reached the University or Post Secondary level, and even then only if they are relevant to the position being applied for. Although flash is a great tool for doing multimedia portfolios and stuff, it just isn't par for a regular resume. If you plan to be applying for postions in the computer/multimedia or graphics industry, then redo your entire resume and turn it into a portfolio. Make it menu orientated instead of flow orientated and show what you can do.

In the meantime (for a regular job) nothing beats a piece of paper handed to an employer personally, without all the eyecandy. Just the facts.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.