PDA

View Full Version : Photo realistic human rig

ciff
02-24-2004, 11:18 PM
Hi everyone,
I am in the last few weeks of my final project, the image file that i have attached is of my model so far, texturing has still got alot of work to do but the model (a solid low polly model with a poly smooth added) is just about there (all i have time to do at the mo). I have to construct a rig for the model, with resonable muscle movement and decent face expretions etc, im looking through a rigging book by Chris Maraffi
at the mo called Maya Character creation wich has some good stuff in it. What i wanted to know is has anyone here done this kind of work before in such a short space of time, like a month, and also, i have to add cloth to the character, tight fitting trousers and top and a long old coat with a hood, should the cloth work be done before or after rigging? and also if the blend shapes for the head should be done before or after rigging?

Sorry to ask so much, help with any part would be great. Thanks for ur time people, i'm totally stressing about this project at the mo coz it seems ive taken on way too much :hmm: yikes.

Cheers,
Chris D.

DrAdamDinosaur
02-25-2004, 08:54 PM
don't know about the amount of time required but I'm sure t can be done. Blendshapes should be added before you bind a skeleton. As far as I know, cloth can be done at any stage. After rigging might be better so you can test its movement out while your setting it up.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.