PDA

View Full Version : Character: Necromutant

AndyBa
02-24-2004, 01:58 PM
Another Dark Legion character for mutant chronicles online.

http://www.web3dservice.com/andyba/MC/necromutant_walk.gif
Crits welcome.

rob-beddall
02-24-2004, 02:03 PM
hey!!

looks quite good from what i can see but the animation is very small.
how about some bigger pics and a wire?

cheers!!

SecretAgent
02-24-2004, 05:59 PM
Looks pretty good. Are you guys using the Mutant Chronicles stuff for a mod or an actual game? Do you guys have the licensing rights to use this stuff? I'm just curious.

I always wanted to play the MC board game but, I was more into Warhammer40k. Is the MC board/war game any fun?

farhquad
02-24-2004, 06:08 PM
I think it's quite good anim here. Only thig is you should delete take last key one frame backwards, in order to get rid of that little jump at the end of the cicle.

And maybe ad a litte more weight to the steps? Don't know, sure a bigger file will help.

Goog work

Supervlieg
02-24-2004, 07:31 PM
NIce walkcycle. I would like a wire and large render.

AndyBa
02-25-2004, 08:26 AM
Hey, glad you like it! :)
I updated the gif animation file.
Made it bigger and deleted the last frame.

Eric: We are doing an actual game.
Check this website for more info: Mutant Chronicles Online (http://mc.imaginations.ws/modules/news/)

Sketch23
02-25-2004, 04:27 PM
Hey, cool looking model. I played all the Mutant Chronicles games, the card game and the board game where the best. It's good to see that it's still going strong.

Boondock Saint
02-25-2004, 05:32 PM
nice cycle. did you do the animation/modeling/texturing? the left arm looks a little still at the elbow and the right keeps balling up to a closed hand. i think if you tank those two glitches and the little hold up the other guy was talking about the cycle will be really solid.

SecretAgent
02-25-2004, 06:38 PM
oh cool AndyBa, it looks very nice so far - I am a little bummed that it's an MMORPG, I'm kinda sick of those (I miss the single player RPGs) but, you game is shaping up real nice.

AndyBa
02-26-2004, 02:56 PM
Here are some larger images with wireframe.
http://www.web3dservice.com/andyba/MC/necromutant.jpg

AndyBa
02-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Boondock Saint: I did the animation, modeling and rendering hehe... :) Textures are done by our texture artist...

What do you mean by "the right keeps balling up to a closed hand."
Thanks

Mangled Poly
02-29-2004, 11:15 AM
cool model seems solid only thing i can really crit on is the animation, the rists seem really floppy like a wet noodle, doesnt fit this guy at all, needs to be more stiff, also walk your self your wrists twist a bit during the walk..
I think his toes pull up a tad to high also hes massive his movements should be more subtle, a guy that big wouldnt pull his feet or point his toes up that high
The head could maybe use just a touch of movement too

next the hips barely sway at all they seem very static, and there very static on the horizontal movements aswell, it can youse some bobing up and down as gravity sure would take affect on this big fella....

Another think to consider is the view since you mentioned its morg depending on the view you may want to over exhaderate the movements even more it its a high 3rd person perspective, that way movement can be made more distinct...

Just my thoughts, overall stellar job!

TRyanD
03-01-2004, 01:30 PM
Nice, looks great to me :)

bentllama
03-02-2004, 05:27 AM
neat character.

but a standard walkcycle.

- I would slow it down a touch...have him lumber more...
- you are missing a great chance for overlapping action on the shoulders...a tonne of aniamtors nowadays froget that clavicles exist...it can do wonders for adding to the feeling of weight
- the arms are swinging too far in front tof the body and the wrists are breaking too aggresively
- he has a pretty wide stride as well...shorten that and you make him feel less limber and a little more muscular and grounded

throwing some more "character" into the walkcycle will heighten the feel of this guy...

good job. looking forward to seeing more from you!

cheers.

amola2k
03-20-2004, 07:35 PM
looks pretty well done here
are u planning to do an anim with it ?
cheers

AndyBa
04-06-2004, 09:12 AM
Amola2k, it's already animated. :)

Gruffpuppy
04-07-2004, 03:05 PM
hmmm i don't know if it's the insomnia talking or what but i thought the animation lack something, well bentllama coverd most of what i was going to say anyway so i'll spare you me regurgitating whats all ready been said.

But i will say that your little Necromutant is freaky and would probably (with the right lighting & BG sounds) scare the living sh!t out of me in a game. ok maybe not... but it look real nice anyway.

Boondock Saint
04-16-2004, 08:48 AM
maybe its the way its lit, it just looks like his hand is closing up on the backswing.

skeen
04-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Nice model. In addition to what's already been said, I'd maybe move the head a bit, it's looking a bit stiff atm.

AndyBa
04-16-2004, 02:30 PM
Skeen, moving the head is a good idea.
The question is how to move it... :)

Boondock Saint, the hand is closing up on the back swing. Is it bad?

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.