PDA

View Full Version : need advice on the dude

Oren Ben-Tov
07-02-2002, 07:47 AM
Hello all
I am tring to texture this window cleaner dude for my next short,
and I would like to hear from you advice on how to improve his body textures, I did some hand marks and paint marks on his overrul and some sweat on his shirt....mmmm any more stuff you can come up with?

thanks

(dont look at the face and hands they are not done yet
and its in max 4.2)

http://www.angelfire.com/film/o26ren/

leigh
07-02-2002, 08:18 AM
Well, you have a good start there :)
I think the overall need more grime though - climbing up ladders and stuff all day would surely leave more than just paint splotches and handprints on his clothing. add some grease stains and stuff, as well as just general dirt.
Why not go and look at a real painter in the street and have a close look at his overalls (without freaking him out of course :p). We had some painters here in our building recently, and their clothes were filthy! Hehehehe....

Also, that name on his overall is a bit too much. It looks like you've used a bump map, and it doesn't look qwuite right yet. I think you need to make it a little less harsh :)

Oren Ben-Tov
07-02-2002, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the commets Leigh :)
now I just need to find a cleaner...

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.