PDA

View Full Version : After installing an SPDL

Stoehr
02-22-2004, 10:30 PM
I'm sorry I have to ask. I can't find documentation explaining where to access spdl's after I've added them. I've search CGTalk as well with no luck.

I've successfully installed an SPDL and it shows in the plugins list as "valid", but I don't know how to access it in the interface. Where can I find the tool on the interface?

Help.

SheepFactory
02-22-2004, 10:47 PM
what did you install?

if its a shader you can access it through render tree > get texture > more > paths >...

also check under

Views > Custom Toolbars >

Stoehr
02-22-2004, 11:05 PM
Hey Sheep -
I installed a tool called "Formula" from mindthink.de.

It's for curves.

It's not under custom toolbars.

wolver1ne
02-23-2004, 12:34 AM
Check under File > Keyboard mapping > Custom Commands (?). Look up something to do with that forumla and assign a key to it.

There also should be a script if I am not mistaken which you can place as a button on a custom toolbar. Check under the scripts folder in your XSI profile.

Stoehr
02-23-2004, 02:16 AM
I guess the the tool I'm tryin got use isn't showing properly, because I tried adding another tool called "Carver" from XSIbase.com and it worked just fine. THe difference being Carver is an addon and Formula is a SPDL.

Atyss
02-23-2004, 09:36 PM
I don't know the specifics of the tool, but since it seems to be used with curves, try this:
Select the curve
In the script editor, run

addprop "nameofspdl"

In worst case scenario, don't hesitate to contact Helge directly, he's a very helpful guy.

Cheers
Bernard

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.