PDA

View Full Version : Mental Ray Sampling Filter Width Problem.

lazzhar
02-21-2004, 12:10 PM
Have anyone seen the second value of the Filter Width disappear slike that:
http://lazzhar.arabcg.com/temp/renglobfilter.gif

I could import my scene to a new clean on and get it fixed like that:
http://lazzhar.arabcg.com/temp/renglobfilterok.gif

But how to fix that from the same scene?

playmesumch00ns
02-21-2004, 12:59 PM
does it depend on the type of filter you're using?

lazzhar
02-21-2004, 01:48 PM
no no, I just changed the filter type to see if it solves the problem.
But noway.

playmesumch00ns
02-21-2004, 01:57 PM
you could always query the mentalRayGlobals node (think that's what it's called) directly to find out if the attribute's actually there, and if so, set it. Something like

global proc setFilterWidthHeight( float $w, float $h)
{
if ( `attributeExists "mentalRayGlobals1", "filterWidth" ) setAttr "mentalRayGlobals1.filterWidth" $w;
else warning( "filter width not found" );

if ( `attributeExists "mentalRayGlobals1", "filterHeight" ) setAttr "mentalRayGlobals1.filterHeight" $h;
else warning( "filter height not found" );
}

NUKE-CG
02-21-2004, 02:05 PM
Maybe try switching to Maya Software, then switching back to mentalRay, that should refresh the display, must now and then skip that line in the MEL.. :surprised

lazzhar
02-21-2004, 05:12 PM
Switching to Maya Software doesnt fixe it. Unloading MR completly then load it again never fixe it too. The only solution i've found is to import the scene to a new clean one.
playmesumch00ns, thanks, I've tryed the code but it seems there is an error.
The mentalRayGlobals1 sould be: mentalrayGlobals,
And it seemst it has not filterWidth/filterHight attributes, and there is an error in using attributeExists function.

I've read in previous posts here (i think) that you could create/delete the mentalrayGlobals node, but cannot remember where i've found that.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.