View Full Version : Material/Picture again..
02-21-2004, 04:54 AM
Can someone help me to apply 4 different pictures on a simple cube please. Not on the top or bottom.
I've tried and tried with the last version of Blender...!
Should be very simple but not for me..
02-21-2004, 04:05 PM
ok, what you are trying to do is add multiple materials to one object.
1. Go to material buttons and add a material to object.
2. Select Vertices of one side of cube, GO to EDIT buttons. On left hand side of window will be section for adding new materials. Select button NEW, then ASSIGN.
3. Go back to MATERIAL button Window, next material name there will be a #, click on it and make single user.
4. For images go to TEXTURE buttons and add new, browse to image you want to apply
5. Repeat steps 2-5 for the remaining 5 sides.
Here is a better tutorial/more in depth
02-21-2004, 08:03 PM
I'll try today and let you know.
I can wait to receive the book and hope that everything will be explain.
02-22-2004, 07:26 PM
Unfortunately the mini Tut didn't work for me.
I've tried so many times. The only thing I can achieved is a picture on top of the cube whatever side I picked...!
I was wondering if anyone else tried it...?
The other Tut .. colouring a sphere with different colours works.
I'm using Blender 2.32 and it's a bit different from previous one.
02-23-2004, 10:48 PM
You can also do that by UV mapping the cube.
Try this tut.
not sure why you need to copy and paste the url but you do
02-24-2004, 09:00 AM
Bobois Tuts works very well. I did it in 5 minutes
Here an example.
01-17-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.