PDA

View Full Version : OpticalFX quits offscreen

CraigT
02-20-2004, 05:07 PM
This is probably just a limitation but I've been trying to use Halo in OpticalFX as a moon glow but it just switches off as soon as the center goes off screen. The halo does effect the whole screen so it is pretty obvious when it happens. I looked for Auto Exposure like the Glow Shader has(not sure if that effects something like this anyway) but it doesn't have that option. I haven't used some of these types of things before so I could very easily be overlooking the obvious(I'm just experimenting now as it is). :-) Thanks.

Craig

Emmortal1
02-20-2004, 09:59 PM
Optical FX is a post effect, thus if it's not in frame then it will not be active.

Emmortal

CraigT
02-21-2004, 02:33 AM
Thanks. I had a gut feeling that was essentailly going to be the reply. I just wanted to malke sure I wasn't overlooking the magic button that fixes it like there seems to be in so many areas. LOL. I'm just doing some playing around now trying to find strengths and limitations of things like volumetric fogs, using OpticalFX, etc.

Craig

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.