PDA

View Full Version : animation scene

ashess
02-20-2004, 09:24 AM
hello everyone! I'm kinda new here, and with all the flash on this page I'm starting to doubt this is the place for this- but would you mind critting this little animation scene?

http://members.chello.nl/amswart/scene2.avi

the idea is this cute kitten goes outside and there becomes a killing monster here he goes through his 'first transpormation'; two others will folllow, and then he goes on a killing pray.

it's 3/4 done.. just needs a little more clouring, a few inbetweens.. and the tails is missing at the end. lol.

;) thanks.

Thoe99
02-21-2004, 10:04 AM
Looks like the start of a good cat walk cycle. I find it strange how the cat falls down at the beginning though. Falls a little too slow, esp how the body follows it down.

ashess
02-21-2004, 04:56 PM
hn I think you're right eviltroll. thanks. I hadn't noticed that myself. :) creating blindspot I guess.
I'll just cut out some frames there.

polyplay
02-21-2004, 07:11 PM
looks good! i agree with eviltroll about landing being a little wierd. needs to happen faster. what are you coloring with? the brick wall looks a little washed out. lookin' good though, keep it up!

ashess
02-22-2004, 09:30 AM
*tweeks ani*
there. I cut out some frames in the landing. any better?
polyplay, most of it's aura. but the wall is imported from photoshop. I'll give it a workover. :)

Thoe99
02-22-2004, 09:13 PM
Still too slow. I think you're holding back on cutting more frames out of the cat drop, cuz you took the time to draw them in already. Cut out about half the frames of of the cat dropping and see how it goes.

ashess
02-23-2004, 02:03 PM
eviltroll, you're right. it hurts to cut them out.
*takes a deep breath*
okay. I think it does help.
maybe next time I''ll get some critique before coloring the stuff, eh? :)

Thoe99
02-26-2004, 06:33 AM
Yes, I know exactly how you feel. I think all of us has had to do editing like that before.

LittleFenris
02-27-2004, 08:03 PM
I still think the fall is too slow, and feels weird for some reason. The rest is a good start but needs some more inbetweens to smooth out the animation some. some of the movements look a bit jerky to me. good start though.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.